Why become a member? ×

Aguilar prices

thebassist

I'm not just writing about this because I have an SL 112 for sale but I've been keeping an eye on Aguilar prices and have noticed a sharp increase in prices over the past day or so. GAK, Gear4music have them up for £743 now. Anyone have any ideas about this. I'm not suggesting it is, but it seems almost like price fixing...

I've noticed Roland/Boss pedals jump up (good job I bought a load of the decent ones before this) including the DD-500 by £20. A month ago I managed to get one for £50 less. To be fair Boss aren't expensive IMO, but it may put some people off.

With those items, you can watch Amazon and get it delivered free, sealed, for cheaper than most stores if you watch the prices jump around.

I've noticed Aguilar prices jump up to really high amounts over the past few years. Before they had a middleman dealer, and mainly sold through one store in the UK, a DB112 was about £370-400. Obviously inflation and natural price rises/exchange rate etc calls for price changes, but the two above prices (especially for the SL410) will put a LOT of potential buyers off.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1457567595' post='2999817']
I would imagine the UK/US exchange rates aren't working in our favour at the moment.
[/quote]
This ^
Mark Stickley was telling me about it when I popped into the shop earlier this week.
It is making US made gear very expensive compared to European gear.

I bought my TH350 from a Dutch shop in may last year for €499 (brand new, no discount or special offer), right now they want €699 fot it... :blink: Prices @Thomann went up too in a similar way but have come down recently. Thomann now wants €544 for a TH350.

I can't comment on the dollar, as I don't receive/spend in dollars very much, but the pound for the last few months was very strong in relation to the euro until all this Brexit business started being talked about. It's gone from about 1.41 to 1.28 in a few weeks (£:€)

When you factor in that the pound is worth less and that there are not just the buying, but the shipping and distributing of the products from the US, one can understand the price hike.

-> Thanks Dave.

Having said all that, if for some reason I needed to buy another two DB112s because mine were destroyed or stolen, I would, because they kick ass. Not light, but they punch, and go low!