Why become a member? ×

How do you listen to music ?

ambient

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1457296809' post='2997178']
I listen using whatever method is most convenient at the time.
[/quote]

Same here - I've got a JBL iPod / iphone dock in one room (great for listening to Prog radio via the TeamRock app whilst having a big girly soak in the bath), Desktop PC with decent 2.1 somewhere else , Denon CD/AMP connected to my TV, or Sennheiser headphones with any of the above, everyones a winner!

Sadly no room for vinyl these days so have ripped CDs to my iTunes on my laptop and transferred the music to an iPad/iPod. I can then play either of these through a Marantz CD player which is part of a Hi-Fi set up (an old NAD C350 amp through a set of B&W 685 speakers - recently upgraded from B&W 300s that I'd had for 13 years).

For the car it's the iPod through a USB interface or Radio 4..

It's fine for me and I really enjoy the whole 'shuffle' approach to listening to music - i.e. one long random playlist - but have challenged myself to listening to albums in their entirety, with no skipping allowed.

Not many albums where I'm not tempted to skip a track or two if I'm honest..

[quote name='vbance' timestamp='1457261438' post='2996736']
[url="https://flic.kr/p/vfEf9c"][/url]
i listen using an iPod with some quality headphones or buds most of the time but when the family are out i fire up the hifi and listen to cd's or stream to it. music is my drug, well one of them anyway.
[/quote]
That is the coolest and the corniest thing I've seen in a long time. 😍😍😜

At home, for my infrequent listening, I use a separates system with either CDs or mp3s. I also have an Interphone F3MC Bluetooth intercom system on my bike helmet that I can play mp3s from my phone to but it's disappointingly quiet (I wear earplugs on the bike).

Yes - that's a cassette deck you see amongst that lot. Sadly my precious Marantz CD player is broken, but it does look like I've found a localish guy who's up to the job of reliably fixing it and doesn't want something ridiculous as an "assessment fee".

I was at a trade show last weekend that LINN were providing the sounds for - anyone want to buy a kidney? one fairly careful owner, low mileage.

At home the good old 30yr old hi fi (well it was back then). More so in the car nowadays, using a portable player through a headphone amp into car system.

On the move same player and headphone amp into some good quality in-ears, and occasionally laptop and headphones if I'm feeling lazy.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1457277927' post='2996956']

Although said very much in jest, there is something about the way old 45's were mastered and pressed that suited the jukebox. I still don't really like listening to old Atlantic and Stax music on CD as I feel they were created to sound at their best on a far less perfect piece of equipment.

Oh, and my first job out of school was in jukebox record distribution, including bashing out the larger holes in the records - thousands of the things, all done manually!
[/quote]

It was you that was doing that ?;)
When I was still at school, buying singles , I used to buy them from a newsagents cheap as chips .
( yes a newsagent ) All the middles were removed so to speak ;)

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1458150639' post='3005157']

Yes - that's a cassette deck you see amongst that lot. Sadly my precious Marantz CD player is broken, but it does look like I've found a localish guy who's up to the job of reliably fixing it and doesn't want something ridiculous as an "assessment fee".

I was at a trade show last weekend that LINN were providing the sounds for - anyone want to buy a kidney? one fairly careful owner, low mileage.
[/quote]

Nice pic stu ;)

at home its either Vinyl or cd through my separates system (Thorens or NAD turntable, Marantz CD, Nakamichi Cassette, though a Cyrus amp and a pair of stand mount castle speakers) or if i'm learnng something then it's via a nexus tablet and a pair of headphones (beyer dynamic dt100's at the moment)
when I'm out on foot then it's an ipod classic and a pair of soundmagic earbuds.

but most of my listening is in the car (cd's or radio) my merc c-class has a surprisingly good system (there's even a sub as standard in the boot!)

Matt