Why become a member? ×

New Status Graphite models (slipknot)

cocco

Just noticed this on Instagram
[URL=http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/ashrome/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20160303-212414.png.html][IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h373/ashrome/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20160303-212414.png[/IMG][/URL]

From what I can gather it's a prototype, and is being made for Alessandro Venturella of slipknot. Looks kinda cool I think. I Wonder if it's any good for metal.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1457090274' post='2995185']
I can see that working in Slipknot. Not my thing, but I've seen far, far worse designs.
[/quote]
Oh yes, me too. Despite the look of it, that bass is going to [i]sound[/i] amazing. :)

Edited by Grassie

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1457122638' post='2995694']
I think it's cool that it's retained the S2 horns. And it's no where near as daft as the B1 buzzard
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly - With the exception of the S2 style horns. . . They're smaller so I think it'll struggle to balance as well (especially with the headstock) but it still should work fine with a medium weight body (i.e. not chambered basswood or a light foam with a thin carbon fibre skin).

I loved the B1. In fact I love almost everything the Essex boys have produced, but that? Nah. For me, it's second only to the Buzzard B2 in the 'ewww' stakes. (Although having said that, I don't like the Streamline much either.)

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1457193239' post='2996234']
I loved the B1. In fact I love almost everything the Essex boys have produced, but that? Nah. For me, it's second only to the Buzzard B2 in the 'ewww' stakes. (Although having said that, I don't like the Streamline much either.)
[/quote]

I like the B2 :)

About 9 years ago I took my buzzard to Rob to get something looked at. We were talking about the streamline (which was the newest model at that time) and Rob said that he'd be doing a bass something like the buzzard next.

Since then there has been 4 kingbasses (do we need 9 variants? Really?!!), the S3, and Chris Wolstenholme's. So much for anything new as they're just small tweaks on existing designs.

Now this. It's like the buzzard crossed with the series 2 and not in a good way. The shape is just a bit odd. Probably better photos might do it justice. I don't know.

For those of you who think that the shape of the buzzard is stupid, you're correct. The headstock it just stupidly unwieldy. However, ergonomically it's fantastic. The upper wing if you rest your forearm on it will relax your wrist enabling more dexterous playing.

A few folk on the forum have played mine and some have been Entwistle fans, some not. Even the ones who thought the shape stupid changed their mind once they'd played it.

I would like to say that this new model will be the same, but I guess only time will tell.

I can see from the picture that it's a regular 2 octave bolt on neck. As for the body form, well, not as extreme as the Buzzard B1.
But it's not yet the one piece of carbon B3 we've been waiting for some years now.
And by the way, the Buzzard B1 is ugly only when it's laying on the table, once you've strung her, it's a well designed
instrument with a rather tiny and elegant body and a long neck - the only difficulty being to reach out for the G tuner.
[attachment=214074:12294629_10153398414643897_3036425144836451340_n.jpg]