Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady in ... blue, anyone?

neepheid

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1463239532' post='3049868']
... and further variant colour tones at Musician's Friend ...

[url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/epiphone-limited-edition-jack-casady-blue-royale-bass-guitar"]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/epiphone-limited-edition-jack-casady-blue-royale-bass-guitar[/url]
[/quote]

That's the same one this thread is about unless there are any others on the site I can't see?

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1463243582' post='3049912']
That's the same one this thread is about unless there are any others on the site I can't see?
[/quote]

Yes, of course it's the same one.

But a different set of pictures because the thread has in part been about the difficulty of capturing the colour accurately.

;)

They play very well, sound great and are super light too - a big bonus for long gigs (or playing two gigs in one night with bruised ribs). I sold my first one a couple of years ago to free up some funds, regretted it, almost bought one of the white ones but when these blue ones came along (and I saw how they actually look versus the stock images), I could resist no longer.

I really want to pick one of these blue ones up, I was sent a picture by a mate who works at the shop I used to work at.

The only thing putting me off was the black pickup.

Don't know what I'd do to remedy that issue.

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1463773243' post='3054037']
I really want to pick one of these blue ones up, I was sent a picture by a mate who works at the shop I used to work at.

The only thing putting me off was the black pickup.

Don't know what I'd do to remedy that issue.
[/quote]

Looks pretty good in real life - it's shiny black, not the usual matt black casing.

[quote name='Casablancas' timestamp='1463899669' post='3054749']
And when are they going to make a shortscale run of these basses? It would be so cool ;_;
[/quote]

I doubt that this will ever happen unless Jack Casady lands on his head from a substantial height and forgets how his signature bass looks and feels ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at a dealers website that says the white LTD Ed one has a mahogany body and top, and the gold signature
one has a maple body and top.
Anyone shed any light on this? And are the white ones old stock?

Edited by nerminater

[quote name='nerminater' timestamp='1464801591' post='3062734']
I'm looking at a dealers website that says the white LTD Ed one has a mahogany body and top, and the gold signature
one has a maple body and top.
Anyone shed any light on this? And are the white ones old stock?
[/quote]

White one is maple body and top with mahogany neck according to Epiphone website.

• 3 years later...
On 03/03/2016 at 11:33, dannybuoy said:

I hate blue as a bass colour for some reason. I do have a blue bass though, but only because there was a very cheap Sandberg Basic going in the classifieds and it sounds to good to sell!

I bright red one would look pretty decent though!

I’m the opposite. Love blue. The only red bass I really like is the Nate Mendel P. 

On 14/05/2016 at 21:48, ahpook said:

Thinking about it, I don't like any blue guitars.

Or green.

They're just not guitar colours to me.

Edit: Sonic Blue...I'll give you Sonic Blue...but that's more white than blue, really

:)

Sonic blue & surf green. Fabulous.