Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady in ... blue, anyone?

neepheid

Or perhaps a Rumblekat is more your thing?

I'm not sure how I feel about this colour on these basses, I thought the white JC looked pretty damn good. Thoughts?

(Taken from full article here: http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/2016/Ltd-Ed-Blue-Royale-Collection.aspx )

[quote name='hookys6stringbass' timestamp='1457002474' post='2994326']
Very nice ...but if I get another one it has to be red...fingers crossed or that
[/quote]

I can't make up my mind if this is an actual red one he got made up or if it's just a gold one in strange lighting, but it's fun to imagine whatever is convenient ;)

Photo from flyguitars.com

I hate blue as a bass colour for some reason. I do have a blue bass though, but only because there was a very cheap Sandberg Basic going in the classifieds and it sounds to good to sell!

I bright red one would look pretty decent though!

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1456993110' post='2994219']
That's gorgeous, But what was wrong with Pelham Blue?
[/quote]

Pelham blue is pretty nasty IMO. Although not as nasty as "Sonic" Blue - probably the least sonic shade of blue I could imagine!

• 2 months later...

Those pictures couldn't be wrong-er! These ones aren't right either (there's a green tinge to the colour which my mobile completely failed to pick up on), but they're better than the stock photos - what were they thinking?

For BRX... ;)

Without flash...

So, in summary, the Epiphone Jack Casady is still being made well, and it's the sparkliest and most difficult to photograph with a moblie phone it's ever been :)

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1463223403' post='3049662']
...sparkliest and most difficult to photograph with a moblie phone it's ever been :)
[/quote]

Disco stealth ? :)

I love the JC bass, but the blue doesn't do it for me....mind you, I like the silverburst which I know is a bit marmite for some.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1463237715' post='3049841']
How about a sunburst one..? Y'know, like Jack used to play.
[/quote]

They do turn up occasionally ... [url="https://reverb.com/item/432277-epiphone-jack-casady-sunburst-plays-great"]https://reverb.com/item/432277-epiphone-jack-casady-sunburst-plays-great[/url]