Why become a member? ×

NBD - 1987 Ibanez Musician bass

megallica

Just arrived last week, an Ibanez Musician bass from 1987.
Never tried the earlier Musician basses but have owned several Roadstar and Roadster basses.
The body feels slightly smaller than my other Roadstars and the active pickups give a bit more boost to the signal.

[url="http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww129/darkskies/Ibanez%20Musician%20bass/image_zpsp9gv9ua6.jpg"]http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/ww129/darkskies/Ibanez%20Musician%20bass/image_zpsp9gv9ua6.jpg[/url]

Edited by megallica

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Been using an original Ibanez Musician case since the mid 80s - mostly for my Westone Thunder III, but also for my Ibanez SR600 for a while. 

So it's a versatile case, but also a frequent reminder that I never managed to bag an Ibanez Musician bass and so use the case for its true purpose.😶

Edited by Krysbass

I wish i had kept my MC888 DS Bean bass.

Funny looking thing, small body, small headstock but a beast of a tone.

Mine was the DS  ( darks stain ). Most i see these days, and there isnt many around, are mostly black

I have a 1986 Musician, its beat up and stinking in mojo, you can see why they call them the Japanese Alembics, and also why Dave Swift snaps them up when they are sold. I'm not sure I could cope with it live to be honest as it's a bit overwhelming but if it's good enough for Sting and Adam Clayton then maybe I should give it a go.