Why become a member? ×

LINE 6 M9... any good for bass?

Greg.Bassman

Hi all.

Ok so, I've got my eye on the Line 6 M9, to replace my current pedal board for 'on the road' use.

I have a couple of questions...

1) It's common for certain units to suck all the low end frequency out of your signal- how does the M9 hold up on bass?

2) My current board consists of... Boss TU-3 tuner > Boss OC-3 octave > WMD fatman (envelope filter) > Mooer Lofi machine (sample rate reducer)... how will the M9 compare, will it match the same tone of these pedals (enough to replace them anyways?).

User feedback welcome. Cheers.

Edited by Greg.Bassman

Hi,

I have an M9. Its a great bit of kit - easy to programme,loads of effects etc, good looper. I have not had a problem with it sucking any low end at all.

However, I don't use it live because I feel it isn't the same as individual pedals. I use an Oc-2 - and the Octave on the M9 does not come close (IMO). Its great for home use - but live, for me doesn't cut it. There are loads of filters - and the chorus (for example) sounds great at home - but cannot replace my small clone live.

No doubt others have different opinions but thought I would share mine.

Cheers - Jim

The filters are no good on bass and there's no sample rate reducer. The octaver is pretty good, the Whammy is excellent, delays and reverbs are very good, the ring mod is very good, couple of good phasers, a good comp, overall I really like them but shame about the filters.

I think it would be a great addition to those pedals.
Personal likes/dislikes.....
There's some good chorus, phasers, flangers, delays and reverbs. The pitch shift is ace.
I found some useful boosts but overall didn't get on great with the distortions. Tho the octaver is ok - it's not an oc2, and not synth you at all. The Sub octave fuzz is pretty good.
I can't get much out of a lot of the filters, but I think there maybe some good lfo type stuff in there - need to tinker more.
I got rid of a Pog, Organizer, Nimbus and Muff to fit it on the board - and so far so good. Not lost anything - and gained loads.
I'd advise adding an expression pedal to get the best out of it.
Oh - and John Davis has one on his board ;-)
If you do sell up - I'd like first dibs on the Fatman!!!!
Cheers.