Why become a member? ×

FEELER – Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio

Osiris

Hi all,

I’m toying with the idea of parting with my white Peavey Zodiac DE Scorpio.
This is the discontinued version of the Zodiac series that features mirror metal pick guard of the DE signature model but has stock Peavey pickups instead of the SD Basslines as on the signature model. It also features the DE and scorpion logos on the headstock.

The beast is white, less than 6 months old and in as new condition with just 2 tiny dings;
The first is in the paint work on the side under the top horn (this is just a dent, it has not cracked or chipped the paint itself) that measures about 4 or 5 mm. The second is a tiny 2 or 3 mm ‘nick’ on the end of the headstock There is no buckle rash or fret ware; I cannot stress enough that this bass really is in perfect condition.

Tonally it has the classic passive Fender-esque tones courtesy of the P and neck J pups, very big, very bassy but never woolly. Comparing it against the top end DE model it stands up very well – it has the depth and punch of the Basslines and, if anything, it has slightly more top end. It’s certainly not lacking low end as the review in Bass guitar mag suggested a while ago.

The only significant tonal difference between this and the DE signature model that I could tell was that the signature model had a higher output signal courtesy of the Basslines.

Photos can be emailed on request as I haven’t figured out how to insert them on here yet :)

Reason for possibly selling is that it was an impulse buy and I’ve only played it for a few hours in that time favouring my trusty old Ibanez basses instead. I paid £280 for it new about 3 or 4 months ago. Anyone interested for £200?

I’d prefer collection from Northants if possible but am willing to post if the buyer is willing to cover the costs, approx £15-20.

Edited by Osiris

OK, one final bump.

I'm off on holiday for a couple of weeks and will be back at the beginning of November.
If anyone is interested in the Zodiac (I am open to offers) please PM me and I'll get back to you on my return.

If there's no takers in that time it'll end up on ebay :)

Sid.

• 1 year later...