Why become a member? ×

Epifani - Nice!

Dan Dare

Went to a jam last night. In house rig was a small SWR head and a single Epifani 1x12 cab. Was initially a bit sceptical but ended up extremely impressed - real old school fat creamy tone and more than enough poke to compete with drums, 2 guitars and keys. 2 of them would be seriously good, I feel. How do they compare with other lightweight cabs? Nowhere I know where I can compare.

Guest bassman7755

Epi's are premium grade boutique cabs, if you like the basic tone then its unlikely you'l find anything to significantly improve on it. The only reason I dont still own one is because I'm super fussy about weight these days and while they are light they arnt in the barefaced/tks lightness league.

Edited by bassman7755

I've got two Epi 1x12s. It was my main rig for a long time with a UL 502 head. Volume and tone-wise it was great - plenty of volume and the Epi head is cleanish with good heft. The 12s are a bit mid-scooped but that's great for pop, funk, jazz gigs. I still use one of the 12s for smaller gigs.

I got my Epifani stuff from the Bass Gallery in Camden. They don't seem to have any cabs in stock on their website, but I'm sure they can order them. Always worth a visit - you can compare some other cabs. I'd be looking at Vanderkley if I was shopping now.