Why become a member? ×

Listening to music loudly

Truckstop

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1456505298' post='2989818']

Same here, that happened at our last gig, if I was in a pub and we were playing, I'd leave. Lots of people don't though..!!!!!
[/quote]
Same here, we know what we do isn't for everyone but those who like it, like it, and always compliment on the sound (mostly without pa support too) even though it is massively loud.

To clarify, I don't mean listening to stuff at ear-splitting volume because that's quite unpleasant. Definitely not gig volume or anything like that!

I just mean a lot louder than my crappy laptop speakers and/or headphones! I don't have a stereo at home and I don't have a sound bar or anything for the TV which means I never get to listen to music out loud.

Was a rare treat for me. And it improved my mood for the day dramatically!

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1456495500' post='2989637']
That's just plain stupid. Why ?

Good for you wearing earplugs though.

Loud music, and playing loud is one of my pet hates.
[/quote]Mine too. I used to know this guy who insisted on listening to everything loud. I would go round his house and music was blasting out. Why.? For one i don't want Tinnitus and two, I'm not a teenager.

It also reminds me of the dreaded boy racer.

Edited by bubinga5

I can listen to and enjoy music at reasonable low/medium volume levels but I'm definitely with the OP on this one. In the right mood
with the right music it can be such a visceral, almost primal experience to just enjoy music with that physical force.
Of course it shouldn't be done too often and in an antisocial/obnoxious way but when you get the opportunity to do it without
annoying anyone else it can be fan bloody tastic!

Edited by Subbeh

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1456515419' post='2989984']
I totally get that, Truck stop. Sometimes you just have to bung on a track full blast and get all the frustration out of your system. My favourite track for this is Misty Mountain Hop by Led Zep.
[/quote]

Good choice. Sounds amazing loud. Closely followed by immigrant song