Why become a member? ×

Bass Day Nov 9th

Monz

[quote name='lozbass' post='323635' date='Nov 6 2008, 06:20 PM']There are great options for food just around the corner from the venue - an excellent and cheap noodle bar on Oxford Road (just before the Flea and Firkin pub). If you can drive up to Rusholme (5 minutes up Oxford Road travelling out of the city centre - less than a 20 minute walk), you'll find some of the UK's finest Asian restaurants - the Punjab Tandoori on the left is fantastic and has an excellent range of strictly vegetarian food alongside meat dishes. If you can make it into the city centre, the Chinatown district is massive (around George Street) and offers fantastic lunches at giveaway prices. I can't believe what I've done - I'm attending a party in London at the weekend and will miss Bass Day (and a curry).[/quote]

Surely the whole point is that there is so much going on through the day we don't want to leave the venue so decent food onsite is vital.

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='324724' date='Nov 8 2008, 11:13 AM']So how's everyone going to recognise each other on the day then?

A prize of absolutely nothing for the best idea :)[/quote]

All basschatters turn up to these sorts of events sans trousers...

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='324724' date='Nov 8 2008, 11:13 AM']So how's everyone going to recognise each other on the day then?[/quote]
We should all buy and wear a BC tee off Ped, then go up to each other and introduce ourselves. Until I buy the shirt, I'll be wearing a Violent Femmes tee. It worked before, didn't it Yorks5stringer?

I will be driving over there from Barnsley/Sheffield area... If anyone wanted to go but struggling with transport let me know, only me in the car so plenty of room

you can get me on zero seven seven six seven eight eight six nine four six

[quote name='BigRedX' post='323649' date='Nov 6 2008, 06:37 PM']Just got my ticket.

See you all on Sunday![/quote]

Hi man, I'll be there, gonna take my Sei and stash it in the backstage bit, I'm writing up a piece for BGM on the whole thing so do come and say hello if you spot me, should be a cracking day out.

If anyone else spots me come and say hi

Cheers

Mike

Cool man so am I - me and the misses and baby are staying with her auntiy just down the road in Didsbury - I'm posting this on my iPhone...! On the very comfy sofa;)

if you spot me say hello and we'll get to abusing my Sei... :)

M

[quote name='Alun' post='324967' date='Nov 8 2008, 08:15 PM']Hi Mike, I may need to demand to see that :huh:

Am already in Manchester, making my traditional weekend of it - currently abusing the hotel's wi-fi :huh:

Cheers
Alun[/quote]

Shame it's a bit toooo far for me :) However I expect a full report and loads of pictures!!

Also, if anyone is going who lives anywhere near the Staines massive can get me a Basschat T shirt in a large, I'll be obliged and settle up with you on your return.

Safe journey all

[quote name='Rayman' post='325209' date='Nov 9 2008, 11:40 AM']Last minute disaster, won't be going after all.[/quote]

Me neither, have been ill off and on this week & woke up today feeling really bad with headaches and dizzy spells.

I'd even got my Rocco shirt out of storage ready for the trip :)

Supposed to be meeting Jake to trade basses as well & I don't have his number, bugger, bugger, bugger!

Just got in! Was a really great day with alot of really nice stuff on display! TM Stevens was awesome aswel! haha. Anyway, jsut adding some pics of my lovely new cabs that i picked up from Bernie while i was there!

Bernie was great and gave some great discount some other EBS goodies aswel!

[quote]Me neither, have been ill off and on this week & woke up today feeling really bad with headaches and dizzy spells.

I'd even got my Rocco shirt out of storage ready for the trip

Supposed to be meeting Jake to trade basses as well & I don't have his number, bugger, bugger, bugger![/quote]

Don't worry about it Barrie, i'm sure we can re arrange it all!

-Jake

AWESOME!! Glad it was a good day!!! I'm unbelievably pi**ed off that I missed it, really looking forward to it after last year. I've got my audition at the RNCM this Tues, so priority had to go to bass trombone practice and getting it 100% for the audition, and I couldn't miss a days practice... :)

Are there any BC shirts left?? :huh: XL? :huh: