Why become a member? ×

How to upload photo?

smurfitt

Photobucket is in the process of stop alowing the share of hosted pics unless you're a payed customer.

I've also been having problems with uploading pics. I used to do it with Picasa (now Google Photos) and it doesn't work anymore. When i try to link them in a post i get showed the message "you are not alowed to use this image extension on this board" or something similar.
The same things happens with a few images i find on google searches, i used to copy the image URL and paste on the post with the "image button" and now there are a lot of pictures that i can't link, been shown the earlier message.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' timestamp='1456324774' post='2987862']
Thanks for the tip, i'm going to try it.
[/quote]

Tried it with a pic i wanted to use (from google images search) on a post. Worked a treat with tinypic.com but i still had to download the pic in to my computer then upload to tinypic and then use the URL to link to the post.
Surely it had to be a more direct way to link google searches pics to the forum without all these steps, i used to work directly. Has something changed on BC's platform?

Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free, and very simple to use...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...

Hope this helps...

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1456333087' post='2987989']
Using the BBCode link supplied by an external photo account is a good idea; the photos are better presented and it uses no BC server space. I use Imgur (it's free, and very simple to use...); here's what it looks like (the correct link for Basschat is in green...) ...

Hope this helps...
[/quote]

That's what i used to do with Picasa and now (google pics) doesn't work. I get that message i've written earlier.

Before, when i wanted to post an image of something, i would do a search for images on google, then right click the one a want and chose "Copy image's URL", then i would paste it in my post, using the "image button" and it would work. Now there are a lot of pictures that can't be linked this way (the message pops up).

What's this about? Has something changed on the internet or was Basschat subject to any chages that caused this?