Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton BZ 6000 / 7000 info required

Dazed

I've emailed Thomann a few days ago but not heard anything so thought I would ask here as I believe a few have ended up with bass chatters.

I'm trying to find out a few things.
The weight?
Bridge spacing
Pickup dimensions

If anyone has one and can help I'd appreciate it.
Feel free to add any real life info too.
Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Dazed

I had a seven string a while back (strung it with a low F#). With this I'm afraid I won't be much help as I don't have it any more (wish I did though). Weight, light for what it is. When I ordered it I was expecting it to weigh a ton but was pleasantly surprised. Best person to ask is BCer "annoyingtwit" he has one too and I believe still owns his. The string spacing is tight but bearable. Do it, order one.

I usually have a 18mm spacing on my basses and the 7 string felt comfortable, tight but useable. You also have to factor in the strings I was using and it still felt comfortable to play. Do it, you'll love it. Couple it with a delay pedal and you'll be in for a treat.

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1456349334' post='2988235']
I usually have a 18mm spacing on my basses and the 7 string felt comfortable, tight but useable. You also have to factor in the strings I was using and it still felt comfortable to play. Do it, you'll love it. Couple it with a delay pedal and you'll be in for a treat.
[/quote]

What strings were you using ?

Thomann replied:

We can’t give any exaxt information about the weight, because it can vary.

I weight and measured our bass guitars from the showroom to give you an idea how much it weights.

I meassured the spring spacing from the inside edge to insidige edge.
From the first to last and A to D.

Harley Benton BZ 7000 NT
Gewicht: 5,94 kg
B-F: 93,99 mm
A-D: 14,24 mm

Harley Benton BZ 6000 NT
Gewicht: 5,56 kg
B-C: 79,10 mm
A-D: 14,57 mm

Harley Benton B650
Gewicht: 4,52 kg
B-C: 77,93 mm
A-D: 14,29 mm

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1456339449' post='2988075']
I had a seven string a while back (strung it with a low F#). With this I'm afraid I won't be much help as I don't have it any more (wish I did though). Weight, light for what it is. When I ordered it I was expecting it to weigh a ton but was pleasantly surprised. Best person to ask is BCer "annoyingtwit" he has one too and I believe still owns his. The string spacing is tight but bearable. Do it, order one.
[/quote]

I have mine, but I don't typically measure it. It seems fairly typical in string spacing compared to six strings I have played. The pickups are humbuckers but 'narrow' humbuckers rather than big slablike things. I find it comfortable to play.