Why become a member? ×

Octave up pedal for bass

spectoremg

I've been using a Micro POG, sending the dry signal to my amp and then the octave up to a Zoom G1on. Maximum flexibility, loads of options for guitar-esque tones. There's even an organ sim in the Zoom that gives you some cool textures too. I also put a tuner in each of the two signal paths then I can mute either my bass signal or the POG oct up.

• Like 1

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1456099031' post='2985452']
I had an Akai Unibass before that. Less flexible, but I think overall it was a better sound.
[/quote]

I'd go along with that. Does the octave above plus either the 5th above that (for an octave up powerchord effect) or the 4th below, for root, 5 & 8. Sounds good to my ears. Lets you send the octave signal out to a separate amp too.

A

Edited by Alien
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

[quote name='mSz' timestamp='1456170805' post='2986255']How about Digitech Bass Whammy? You get octave up and much more than any other pedal mentioned above can deliver.[/quote]
The octave up on the Bass Whammy sounds very much like the PitchFork and the POG-2. The main trade-off is the size, but if you use the other features, it might be worth it.

Edited by azfatboy

The Bass Whammy does sound good, although unless you particularly need all the harmony and whammy ability, then it is a massive footprint for a simply octave up.
The Line6 M range octave sound (pitch glide) is excellent, would fully agree with that, and yeah, an M5 can be found pretty cheap used. But again, if you literally just want it for an octave up sound, it's a big footprint.

Si

• 2 weeks later...

FEA Labs Photon Fuzz has an up octave that can be blended in on top of driven/Fuzz tone. It might not be the sound you're looking for but it's an option on top of the massive tones the PF can achieve

There may be one for sale in the effects section 😉

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1493234621' post='3286840']
Boss Harmonist PS-6 has multiple pitch shift capability including a quite decent octave up.[/quote]

I haven't had any luck getting a pure octave up tone out of my PS-6. What settings give a pure +1 octave on a Harmonist?