Why become a member? ×

2-band EQ

Doctor J

Just picked up an old Aria Pro II SB-R80

Controls include a pair of stacked Vol-tone for each pickup, plus a three way pickup selector... I'm thinking there's a bit of overlapping there, it's not all entirely necessary. I was thinking about replaing the second volume and tone with a stacked bass-treble boost instead. I've got a Bart NTCT on a Bacchus 5 which is very nice indeed, anyone else got any other suggestions worth thinking about?

look at preamps by Aguilar, EMG and our very own John East preamplifiers. All of which offer a range of different options.. one of which will surely suit your needs. Jon Shuker (www.shukerguitars.co.uk) also supplies his very own preamps in his basses. I wonder if they are available seperately?

Depends what you want - there are no shortages of circuits out there...

I have the EBS one in my Lakland. Works well, it really nails the Marcus thing... and it's proper smiley EQ if you know what that means. The sweepable mid thing is great also and with the tone rolled back and on the bridge, it can really Jaco out. If that's your thing, give Bernie a ring.

I tried birdy's JO with the 2 band Aguilar and I have to say, it's very, very nice... Completely different end of the the spectrum to EBS tone wise, but great!

John East's circuits are very good. Again, depends what you are looking for. Some people will draw parallels between the East circuits and Audere circuits. To me, the East circuits have it... but again, it's all preference.

Sadly, EQs are one of the hardest things to try out!

Edited by EBS_freak