Why become a member? ×

I love being a bass player because...

Chaos Daveo

I quite like it when the other guys in the band say that what I do makes it easier for them to play. And they can even decide not to play and the number stays rock solid.

I'm arrogant enough to think that the others can be as good as they like but it doesn't work without me.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1456051938' post='2984776']
Aside from the obvious about being in a band and doing gis with your mates, I can`t really put it into words why I actually enjoy playing the bass so much. I just love it. Whereas with guitar, although I can play it decently enough, I just don`t feel at home on it, with bass I just feel like I`m "me".
[/quote]

I'm another one that agrees with you. ;)

Although I do play guitar, bass has been in my head since I were a nipper!

Can't explain it but where almost everyone hums the melody I was doing the bass! :happy:

I feel at home with it.

:D

When playing in a full band, pretty much any other musician can stop playing, but if the bass stops you notice it's gone, The second verse of Amy Winehouse' version of Valerie is a pretty good example of how it can be used well, or when the bass comes in in Nutbush City Limits.

Is it obvious I play in a wedding band :blush:

[quote name='The Hat' timestamp='1456170340' post='2986244']
I'm
New to bass, so for me it's because it's deferent from everybody else just learning the guitar. I think if you play bass there's something about ya and I like to be different
[/quote]

I can relate to this. There's something about how it sounds so low and powerful, and the instrument looks so elegant with its long neck

Like you, I am relatively new to this (although it's been 5 years now). When I'm playing in public I sometimes can't believe I'm doing it. It feels as though I'm in a film or something. I love that feeling!

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1456171222' post='2986271']

I can relate to this. There's something about how it sounds so low and powerful, and the instrument looks so elegant with its long neck

When I'm playing in public I sometimes can't believe I'm doing it. It feels as though I'm in a film or something. I love that feeling!
[/quote]
Yes nail -> head on both counts

Where I play it's mostly weedy acoustics so a precision thump up loud turns heads