Why become a member? ×

Tennessee 15 string - how much??????

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1459690430' post='3018635']
If it's tuned in 4ths that ocean liner berthing wire has gotta be inaudible.
[/quote]

To humans, at least. Maybe it's made for playing whalesong, or elephant jive, or grizzly rap?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1469813069' post='3101305']
It's just plummeted in price to £2k5. A 90% price cut!
[/quote]

Well, now's definitely the time to get it, if anyone's been sitting on the fence over pulling the trigger on this beauty. 😂😂 Bargain indeed. 😂😂

How could you play it? The 13th and 14th strings seem to be touching from the nut to at least the 5th fret. Whilst the seller admits that the noise down there is "barely audible rumblings", surely this is not ok from a playing aspect, especially if you were to put it through a few octave up pedals.

I have a hunch that whoever sold it to him must have felt like he won the lottery...how else would you explain finding the only person in the world willing to buy such a monster? I understand the price...it has about £1,600 in it just in tuners!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing this hasn't always been a 15 string, maybe a 12 string originally ?

How much did he pay for it I wonder, there's no way it's worth more than a couple of hundred. Why not put it back to what it was meant to be, so at least it was then playable.