Why become a member? ×

TYPICAL OF BUYING AND SELLING FOR ME..I BET THIS IS COMMON..

fatwull

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1455812409' post='2982669']
The way I see it, most people would've probably spend more on fags, beer and drugs in the same time I've been [s]playing[/s] buying equipment.
[/quote]

I gave up fags, beer and drugs 14 months ago. Does this mean I can spend more on GAS?? Or is that a drug too?

[quote name='fatwull' timestamp='1455827562' post='2982838']
I blame Basschat :ph34r: :ph34r:
[/quote]

Absolutely. I didn't start spending serious wedge on bass gear until after I'd joined this forum. Not for a while - I watched people's GAS attacks with a sort of amused detachment, obviously this could never happen to me. Until it happened to me. It's serious!!

Several years after having had many sales ads (both private and for my firm) on a Norse website, I still get contacted about them.
IME, there's a clear division as to who the prospective buyers are:

- Some didn't have the money for one certain item at the time, and they desperately started saving, praying to the gods the item would't get sold in the mean time.
Some of them offer a higher price if I'm willing to set it aside for them and wait.

- Some are only interested in buying extremely cheap stuff from desperate people, and they always start contacting you two weeks after the ad was removed, only asking if there's any stuff left that has not been sold - not asking about one specific product from that ad.
After that, they'll follow up with ultra short e-mails once every few months - sometimes for years.

To me this only means one has to decide on the course of action beforehand, and stick to that plan. Know your market and its dynamics, and be reasonable in your expectations.
This takes time.

But yeah, I too have had offers twice the asking price after I'd already made a deal with someone else. They'd go "Can't you just phone him saying the deal is off? Or that you found a fingerprint? I'll pay you twice that! I'll be there in fifteen minutes!".
The deal however is sacred. They should've phoned earlier.