Why become a member? ×

TYPICAL OF BUYING AND SELLING FOR ME..I BET THIS IS COMMON..

fatwull

Typical thing happened to me again, I had my cab on here and had no buyers so put it on ebay, it sold for a lot less that i hoped but it's gone, 2 days later a guy emails me to ask if it's still for sale, he's offering 75 quid more than i sold it for.....THEN..I get a brand new Mesa Subway delivered and the same afternoon there is one on here £140 cheaper..!!
This must be a common thing but it's a bit frustrating when you need every pound to go towards GAS :dash1:

Forgot to add, my cab left for it's new owner in the morning and the mesa arrived that afternoon...happy/sad/frustrated... :gas:

Edited by fatwull

You are not alone - has happened to me several times - I sold my Jaydee Mk11 for £650 after months of no interest and successive price drops- within a month I had two calls from would be buyers offering me £1K.

I know what my gear is worth so I'm loathe to drop the prices - I'd rather wait and get a fair price rather than get a quick sale.

Unfortunately I bought an Eden d 4 x 10 XST and made a schoolboy error of not noticing the weight...96lbs...!! just happy to see it gone but now cabless, not sure what the new Mesa Subway will be good with but looking at barefaced Super Twin or Berg CN212 which are both 4 ohm

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1455745742' post='2982133']
I refuse to add up the amount of money I've spent/lost on gear over the last fifty years.
My rule of thumb is to walk if I can't afford it & to enjoy it if I can.

:)
[/quote]
I suppose it's like Guinness, All good things come to those who wait....I just hate waiting...!!

[quote name='fatwull' timestamp='1455741826' post='2982078']
Pity they are like rocking horse poop to find second hand, might have to buy new THEN tell the misses......RUN...............!!
[/quote]
Let me know as soon as you buy the new one so I can buy the second hand one that pops up on here while you wait for yours to be delivered.

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1455745742' post='2982133']
I refuse to add up the amount of money I've spent/lost on gear over the last fifty years.
[/quote]

For myself it's only the six years I've been on Basschat. The 34 years before that I was perfectly happy with my gear. But I still don't want to know how much I've spent/lost in that time. :blink:

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1455749876' post='2982190']

For myself it's only the six years I've been on Basschat. The 34 years before that I was perfectly happy with my gear. But I still don't want to know how much I've spent/lost in that time. :blink:
[/quote]

I've been keeping a record of your transactions and can forward the total amount spent to you if you want :lol:

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1455786816' post='2982351']
I just assume that I've lost every penny of the cost of anything I've bought... whatever I get back is a bonus really :)
[/quote]

Sorry to hear of such woes fatwull..... :(
But I think CamdenRob has a good philosophy here :)

That's not a "glass half empty" outlook - that's an "is that my bus fare home in my pocket, or is it enough to top my pint up?" outlook

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='thebassist' timestamp='1455787912' post='2982365']
I've been after an Aguilar SL112 for a while now and am planning to go into a music store later today because nothing's come up here. Hoping one continues to not come up after I've spent £655.
[/quote]

I'd probably wait and try for this first...
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/276494-aguilar-tonehammer-500-and-sl-1x12-cab/page__p__2952542__hl__aguilar__fromsearch__1#entry2952542"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/276494-aguilar-tonehammer-500-and-sl-1x12-cab/page__p__2952542__hl__aguilar__fromsearch__1#entry2952542[/url]