Why become a member? ×

SOLD PLEASE REMOVE

cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='293000' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:01 PM']PM'd regarding the history but 275- That's £5 less than I paid for it 3 months ago before i spent over 130 on it, regardless of stingray prices if its the bass you want 350 is the asking price.
Thanks

Dave[/quote]

Pm'd

[quote name='solo4652' post='292878' date='Sep 26 2008, 04:55 PM']Hi Dave,

Thank you for sending me the neck measurements. I'm definitely interested in the bass. Do you have a clear picture of the decal on the headstock, please - it's a bit indistinct in your photos, and I can'y make out what it actually says. Also, is there some sort of case or gigbag with it?

The really tricky bit is a value. Here's my thinking:

Musicman prices are low right now. Good secondhand ones can be had for £470, according to Basschat

In fact secondhand prices of just about everything seem to be low at the moment

2 year old OLP MM2 sold for £100 on ebay yesterday. Of course, yours would be worth more than this.

I was considering a 4 month old Fender Mark Hoppus on ebaY. It failed to sell at £310.

So, all ends up, I reckon yours is somewhere between £100 for the OLP MM2 and £470 for a good Musicman Stingray. Tricky, really...

I'd like to speak to Jim Cairns just to get the history of your bass - I'll try to contact him tomorrow. In the meantime, I'd like to offer you £275 with a gigbag. I'll sort out a courier if you could pack it securely for me.

I hope you can see my reasoning here! Please let me know what you think. That neck looks lovely...

Steve[/quote]

£470 is never what a stingray is worth, in the last week a couple of standard ray's have sold for £650-£800. you get the odd dead auction on ebay, but you will never, EVER see anyone willingly sell their stingray for that cheap

£350 is the right price for a bass like this.

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='293506' date='Sep 27 2008, 05:41 PM']i think your chatting out your arse mate to be honest, £470 is never what a stingray is worth

£350 is the right price for a bass like this.[/quote]

Sorry to disagree, but you're also chatting out of your arse Kev! :) - A Stingray, or any other bass is worth exactly what people are willing to pay for it, not what the seller wants for it.

But I agree, £350ish is about right - [u]in my opinion[/u], and if I wanted to buy it. I don't want this bass, so wouldn't even offer £100 for it. If I really wanted it, I might go higher than £350.

[quote name='Hamster' post='293512' date='Sep 27 2008, 05:59 PM']Sorry to disagree, but you're also chatting out of your arse Kev! :) - A Stingray, or any other bass is worth exactly what people are willing to pay for it, not what the seller wants for it.[/quote]
very true! :huh:

i rephrase, £470 is not a fair current market value of a stingray, around £600 is

[quote name='BassManKev' post='293506' date='Sep 27 2008, 05:41 PM']£470 is never what a stingray is worth, in the last week a couple of standard ray's have sold for £650-£800. you get the odd dead auction on ebay, but you will never, EVER see anyone willingly sell their stingray for that cheap

£350 is the right price for a bass like this.[/quote]

Hmmm. Thank you for your opinion. I value it, but I'm afraid I don't like your phraseology.

Steve

BassManKev has now kindly edited his original posting. Thank you. Let's all be respectful, please - life's too short...

Steve

Edited by solo4652

I would agree that any bass is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A stingray is roughly the same price as my warwick new and yet people on here keep telling me mine is only worth £450 or so. Its down to the buyer what they want to pay that sets the market value

[quote name='BassManKev' post='295423' date='Sep 30 2008, 02:22 PM']im really quite tempted by this actually, more i look at it... (imagine with a status neck..... :huh:), where are you?[/quote]

Hi Kev

Im in Whitley Bay, NE26 2HX, about 300 miles from you mate. You are still welcome to come and try it though :)

Cheers
Dave

[quote name='BassManKev' post='295423' date='Sep 30 2008, 02:22 PM']im really quite tempted by this actually, more i look at it... ([b]imagine with a status neck[/b]..... :)), where are you?[/quote]

Bollocks to a Status neck mate, the birdseye maple is the only reason I would buy this bass because it looks so damn sexy :huh:

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='295535' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:50 PM']Bollocks to a Status neck mate, the birdseye maple is the only reason I would buy this bass because it looks so damn sexy :)[/quote]

The neck is awesome - the wood looks like its 300 years old - almost like a real old Strad stt st strad iv - you know, one of dem posh violins!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='295423' date='Sep 30 2008, 02:22 PM']im really quite tempted by this actually, more i look at it... (imagine with a status neck..... :)), where are you?[/quote]

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='295535' date='Sep 30 2008, 03:50 PM']Bollocks to a Status neck mate, the birdseye maple is the only reason I would buy this bass because it looks so damn sexy :huh:[/quote]

BIG [size=4]+1[/size]

No-one should mess with that neck, it's a thing of absolute and awe-inspiring beauty!! Not even you Kev, with your lust for graphite should do that!

[size=1]or, if you do, I'll definately buy the neck off ya :huh:[/size]

Edited by phil_the_bassist