Why become a member? ×

SOLD PLEASE REMOVE

cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='288095' date='Sep 20 2008, 05:16 PM']Up for sale but not sure for how much?

I recently bought this back off Funkydoug (I had it made 16 years ago) for £280, since then I've had it fret dressed, added a decal, a MM bridge and Musicman Pickup.

The body is Ash finished in old English white, The neck is rosewood board on a stunning birdseye maple neck.

The Electronics are Real Musicman 2 band circuit, Real Musicman Pickup, Schaller machines. Schaller strap lock buttons

This bass sounds and looks stunning, wouldnt sell as Ive just got it back but I have a sniff of something I REALLY want.

Cheers

Dave

[/quote]

That neck as aroused me in ways no other bass has managed before :)

[quote name='paul, the' post='289406' date='Sep 22 2008, 07:00 PM']£45 on a decal.

datsgottahert[/quote]

The decal was only 15inc p+p, there was 40 on flatting and re spraying the front of the headstock. Was worth it though I don't like the look of a blank headstock, even though it wouldnt pass as a real MM it looks so much better with the decal on.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='289590' date='Sep 22 2008, 11:51 PM']..tis a lovely bass! I got a play yesterday at Dave's and if I was a rich man, I'd have bought it there and then! Great feel and more Birds Eyes than somewhere with loads of birds eyes!!![/quote]

Or a Fish Finger Factory?

Cheers for the endorsment Nick, you dont have to be rich either we could negotiate mate, swappsies. :)

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='solo4652' post='290641' date='Sep 24 2008, 10:27 AM']Yes, Id like to know this too, please. 1 5/8 inch at the nut? Are there any position markers?

Steve[/quote]

Hi

Widths of the neck are; 1 5/8 at the nut (43mm),
2 3/16 at the 12th (56mm)
Depth from fingerboard to back of neck at nut-18mm or 7/16ths,
at 12th Fret 22mm or 15/16ths

All the dimensions are the same as my 2005 stingray except the stingray depth at the nut is 20 ish mm slightly deeper than the Cairns neck.

Yes there are position markers on the side of the fingerboard but not on the front.

Hope this helps

Dave

[quote name='cd_david' post='289380' date='Sep 22 2008, 06:22 PM']£350 for a price bump,

Paid £280, Then spent £60 on fret dress, £45 on decal, £25 on bridge, so I think its a fair price, If you dont, just drop me an offer, I can only say no.
Thanks

Dave[/quote]

Hi Dave,

Thank you for sending me the neck measurements. I'm definitely interested in the bass. Do you have a clear picture of the decal on the headstock, please - it's a bit indistinct in your photos, and I can'y make out what it actually says. Also, is there some sort of case or gigbag with it?

The really tricky bit is a value. Here's my thinking:

Musicman prices are low right now. Good secondhand ones can be had for £470, according to Basschat

In fact secondhand prices of just about everything seem to be low at the moment

2 year old OLP MM2 sold for £100 on ebay yesterday. Of course, yours would be worth more than this.

I was considering a 4 month old Fender Mark Hoppus on ebaY. It failed to sell at £310.

So, all ends up, I reckon yours is somewhere between £100 for the OLP MM2 and £470 for a good Musicman Stingray. Tricky, really...

I'd like to speak to Jim Cairns just to get the history of your bass - I'll try to contact him tomorrow. In the meantime, I'd like to offer you £275 with a gigbag. I'll sort out a courier if you could pack it securely for me.

I hope you can see my reasoning here! Please let me know what you think. That neck looks lovely...

Steve

[quote name='solo4652' post='292878' date='Sep 26 2008, 04:55 PM']In the meantime, I'd like to offer you £275 with a gigbag. I'll sort out a courier if you could pack it securely for me.
Steve[/quote]

PM'd regarding the history but 275- That's £5 less than I paid for it 3 months ago before i spent over 130 on it, regardless of stingray prices if its the bass you want 350 is the asking price.
Thanks

Dave