Why become a member? ×

Bass AND guitar effects?

Thunderpaws

there are always exceptions, but generally, anything will work on both guitar and bass just fine. Depending on how you use them in your setup, etc, there may be problems using some 'guitar' pedals on bass with low end loss (dirt pedals, in particular), and you may not like some modulation pedals effecting the lower register notes. But if you bi-amp, or use blenders, loops, etc, you can pretty much use any combination of pedals you want. Nothing will simply 'not work' for bass because it isn't made specifically for bass. all about experimenting :)

Edited by GazWills

Funnily enough, my current board happens to be dual purpose in most instances. I'm still adding to it but the mini version consists of:

Tuner -> boss multi overtone -> tc electronic mojo mojo -> sleeping dogs low end theory (sounds brilliant on guitar too) -> tech 21 leeds.

Honestly I'm loving it equally on guitar and bass. More pedals in the collection (sovtek muff, line 6 m9) are equally dual purpose and a few on the way (wren n cuff supa phat phuck, malekko bassmaster) coincidentally also should be great on both bass and guitar.

I'm doing alot of home recording and having one board makes my life so easy

Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy

Hi Dosy. Same reason here. I am not that good at guitar so home recording is where it's at for me at the mo. It has to be the same board for my bass gear. I have a Boss ODB3 which I have done the Monte Allums mod to. Sounds immense with guitar. Next for me is a delay pedal. Don't have lots of cash so need something works well for both.

Personally (and not always) I like delay pedals on bass that have some sort of tone control on the repeats that allows me to cut the low end on the repeats whilst adding delay/atmosphere to my tone without muddying my bassline up, depends on your application though. Having said that, I just straight up loved the mxr carbon copy regardless.