Why become a member? ×

Kanye West

lou24d53

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1455567187' post='2980334']
Daughter... come on, keep up.

[/quote]
[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1455570809' post='2980398']
If she keeps up the family tradition and does likewise would Kanye's grand-daughter be "North by North West"?
[/quote]

We have a winner!

Pitchfork 'only' gives his album 9 out of 10, Kanye, insulted, wants white people to stop reviewing it:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/kanye-west-white-publications_us_56c27e0ae4b08ffac12643f3?ir=Entertainment&section=us_entertainment&utm_hp_ref=entertainment

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1455614935' post='2980609']
Surely the whole point in getting people talking about you is to pique their curiosity, not to make them all think you're a monumental helmet-flake.
[/quote]

Possibly, but the media are much more interested in the latter than the former, so pandering to their baser instincts will gander wider coverage and, once the noise subsides, a more considered discussion of Mr West's merits will emerge whence it wouldn't previously.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1455614935' post='2980609']
Surely the whole point in getting people talking about you is to pique their curiosity, not to make them all think you're a monumental helmet-flake.
[/quote]

Unfortunately the world doesn't seem to work like that.

Look at Justin Bieber, he spent several years earning a reputation as one of the world's leading bell ends & he's now bigger than he's ever been.

In Mr West's case he makes a few controversial or daft statements and he gets the kind of global coverage money literally cannot buy. On a purely commercial level it doesn't seem to matter whether the coverage is positive or negative.The people who are bemused by his ridiculous antics were probably never going to buy his products in the first place.

Most of the articles about him mention his fashion business or his various endorsement deals or links to various brands, which rightly or wrongly will ultimately only increase his perceived value to his sponsors.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='Big_Stu' timestamp='1455570809' post='2980398']
If she keeps up the family tradition and does likewise would Kanye's grand-daughter be "North by North West"?
[/quote]
Beat me to it, but I was going to go with the line of

"surely hes setting his son up to launch his own brand of perfume - he could do it like all those other "super stars" and name it after himself.....

North, by North West
"

[quote name='gapiro' timestamp='1455620011' post='2980683']

Beat me to it, but I was going to go with the line of

"surely hes setting his son up to launch his own brand of perfume - he could do it like all those other "super stars" and name it after himself.....

North, by North West
"
[/quote]
Too late....... Still funny but missing the zing....

If Kanye didn't exist, the world would be a lot less entertaining. In a "can't wait to see what utter horse $hite he comes out with next, cos he's obviously deluded on a biblical scale" kind of way. More power to ya Mr West, looking forward to the next instalment. 😁

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1455544895' post='2980021']
I think he's just having a laugh.
[/quote]

Agreed.

I'm not a fan, but isn't it nice to have a pop star who's so entertaining? Whether he's totally eccentric or just taking the p***, I'd rather that than a Chris Martin persona.

(Not than I'm knocking Chris Martin, I love the first couple of Coldplay albums.)

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1455627481' post='2980811']
If Kanye didn't exist, the world would be a lot less entertaining. In a "can't wait to see what utter horse $hite he comes out with next, cos he's obviously deluded on a biblical scale" kind of way. More power to ya Mr West, looking forward to the next instalment. 😁
[/quote]

^+1. Replied before I saw this 😊

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1455648535' post='2981146']
How many white, working/middle class men listen to Kanye or any hip hop?
[/quote]

Err... maybe you live somewhere rather 'sheltered'. But I know a good few white, working trades guys who listen to hip hop. In fact I can count at least four in my own circle of friends.

Lovely guys, but face to face I'm fairly sure you wouldn't want to call any of them morons. Nor anyone on this forum, for that matter.