Why become a member? ×

Trebley, Clanky and slightly dirty sound needed

Pow_22

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]My current covers band does Chelsea Dagger by Fratellis and I’m looking for something that will give me a trebly, clanky and [i]slightly[/i] dirty sound but enough bass not to drop out of the song – something sounding like what id imagine a Rickenbacker through a valve amp would sound like.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Ive tried a Big Muff and also a Boss Bluesdriver, whilst the Boss gets close its still a bit too fuzzy. My rig probably doesn’t help too much – P Bass with Flats > Tech 21 VT > Ampeg 350h > Ampeg 410he.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]I get that the flats probably wont help but I do believe that the bass player from fratellis also uses flats on a P albeit through an SVT valve amp that probably helps.[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#000000"]Is there any pedal that would get me close to this type of sound without costing the earth?[/color][/size][/font]

I can`t imagine not being able to get that sound with a Precision and a VT Bass - though rounds on said Precision would help. I`d just adjust the eq on the VT til you get what you need by trial and error. I don`t think any other pedals are needed.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1455111542' post='2975983']
OP wants trebley/clanky and not one reply has suggested "get a Ric". What's wrong with this place these days :D
[/quote]

We're afraid of Mr Ric suing our arses, for suggesting using one of his axes on a Fratellis number.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1455116913' post='2976076']
We're afraid of Mr Ric suing our arses, for suggesting using one of his axes on a Fratellis number.
[/quote]

The Ricstormtroopers are setting phasers to stun as we speak...................

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1455117874' post='2976094']
The Ricstormtroopers are setting phasers to stun as we speak...................
[/quote]

[URL=http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/The-Bee-Gees-002_zpsw3ikjax8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j199/Beedster/The-Bee-Gees-002_zpsw3ikjax8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1455129981' post='2976286']
B3K vote from me. That blend control is ace.
[/quote]

For a punky Precision tone though, I have to say the Vulcan (with the colour set to the old school position) beats the B3K. It's as if the midrange was tuned to pair with an angry P and sounds a bit like a Darkglass Vintage but with hairier balls.