Why become a member? ×

Boss multi fx

smurfitt

Hi, the only multi-fx I've ever used is the GT6b. I love it and am familiar with how to programme my own sounds, use the tuner & have a manual setting so I'm getting the sound/tone of just my amp.
Whilst playing[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] I noticed the name in the LED display[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] began to automatically change from manual to speaker and back again. Although the sound did not change I guess its on its way out.
The ME50b doesnt look like it doesnt allow for the programming of my own sounds that can be saved in user banks/patches and I need that.
I'm not technical so need a unit that is simple to use & will allow me to write more than 5 effects into ONE user patch.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If I bought a GT10b second hand am I likely to get the same problem as they must be around 7 yrs old now?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cant believe Roland arent producing a GT100b.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any ideas appreciated.[/font][/color]

Second hand Roland GP8. Effectively 8 Boss pedals (wah/auto-wah, compressor, overdrive, distortion, phaser, EQ, delay, chorus/flanger) in a programmable 1U rackmount unit. All the effects except the delay and chorus/flanger are analogue. You do need the FC100 MkII foot controller and an expression pedal to get the best out of it, but it does allow all the effects on simultaneously if you have a sound that requires it. Also has an external loop between the EQ and delay sections to allow more routing options. Even has rudimentary MIDI.

Built like a tank. Getting on for 30 years old and still going strong. I'm on my second one only because I sold my original GP8 to a guitarist I was in a band with and when the band split up realised that I needed to get another one.

Not to be confused with the seemingly more versatile GP16 which sounds rubbish.

Edited by BigRedX

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...