Why become a member? ×

Super Bowl Halftime Show

Probably one of the worst openings I've seen for a while, but I didn't really have high expectations from Coldplay.
Don't really know what the organisers were thinking booking them.
Thought things were on the up when Bruno turned up, but he trotted out the predictable and Beyoncé certainly didn't add anything.
Oh good, Coldplay are back on. Yawn.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1454895594' post='2974016']
Probably one of the worst openings I've seen for a while, but I didn't really have high expectations from Coldplay.
Don't really know what the organisers were thinking booking them.
Thought things were on the up when Bruno turned up, but he trotted out the predictable and Beyoncé certainly didn't add anything.
Oh good, Coldplay are back on. Yawn.
[/quote]

Just finished watching the game, skipped the half time show due to my Coldplayphobiaitus.

Not the best of games either unfortunately. :(

It seemed to me that the organisers had little confidence in Coldplay and they almost seemed like an after thought once thunder thighs and Bruno Mars (who I thought
was great again) turned up.
I think the show needs more energy that a band like Coldplay can give even with Chris amped up and bouncing around the place.

That bit right at the end with the three of them singing to the camera with Chris Martin squeezed in at the back summed it up, an afterthought at what was supposed to be their show.

I thought it lacked that little '[i]je ne sais quoi[/i]'; now let me see... Quality..? Yes, that was it. And musicality. It lacked that, too. And interest. And good taste. And... ([i]wanders off, reeling out a long enumeration of elements likely to endear one to a performance[/i]...).

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1454961485' post='2974665']
Not the best of games either unfortunately. :(
[/quote]
It was a strange one granted, but it was quite close the majority of the way through. More about which defence would fold first.
I think Cam Newton let his side down. He looked defeated before halftime even.

[quote name='Fitz666' timestamp='1455094086' post='2975714']
The Metalica gig from the night before "too heavy for halftime" was soooo much better....

Enjoyed the game as well.
[/quote]

Better, how can you say better? The genres are completely different.

I think you mean you like metal better than pop.

Blue

I poo pooped the whole thing until I watched Brunos clip.

Even though no one was actually playing live, I have to give it to Bruno for his ability to capture that 70s funk groove. If you were listening they through in 8 bars of James Brown's "Super Bad"

Blue