Why become a member? ×

Boss GT10B query

smurfitt

Mmm, yes, nothing is particularly "easy" on the 10b. The designers went for ultimate tweak-ability rather than user friendliness.

That said once you get to grip with it you'll find no more capable Bass multi effects.

You might find this software helpful - its really well laid out and shows you graphically what is possible:

http://fxfloorboard.sourceforge.net/info.php?model=gt-10b

Good luck!

Thanks Noirbass but I'm a bit dim when it comes to techie stuff so dont understand that either...lol. I would have to sit down and work out how to assign the effects I want to a user patch and write. Our guiutarist has the guitar version so ive asked him to bring it along and see if I get on with it.
I've just put up a post in Effects section asking whether its worth me buying a GT10b as they must be 7+ years old. My GT6B is a doddle to programme but I think its on its way out as I noticed the name change in the LED display. Read somewhere its likley to be the controller or battery.

• 2 weeks later...

[size=3][color="#000000"]Hi Smurfitt - Absolutely - I use the GT10 in this very way. [/color][/size]

[size=3][color="#000000"]I have mine wired using the 4cm - so i bypass the GT10's cosm and pre's etc etc so i can use my Ampeg's preamp and Tone.[/color][/size]

[size=3]Im not familiar with the GT6B, but with the GT10 (and also the GT10B i assume) - you can place your effects anywhere in the effects chain.[/size]

[size=3]It is an incredible bit of kit that allows you to both create and edit absolutely every single detail imaginable - once you've mastered the basics is fairly straight forward stuff...[/size]

• 5 years later...

Could be a little bit late on this, but as I was trying to bypass it five years later this was my idea - press the Tuner button and spin the selector wheel to make sure the output reads bypass rather than mute. This will bypass the effects and you can still tune silently by drawing back the volume pedal.