Why become a member? ×

SOLD - G&L L2500 Tribute
£325

colleya

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For sale - my fantastic G&L 5 stringer. These basses are often called the 'Swiss Army Bass' for their versatility and they don't disappoint. At some point in discussions about these basses someone usually says they that are fantastic for the money but I disagree, it's just a fantastic instrument full stop. When I bought this from Manchester Bass Lounge a few years ago I A/Bed it with the American versions and went for this as the nicest playing of the lot.[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It plays beautifully and does loads of cool stuff. You can run it either as passive or active. The pups and hardware are the same as the US models and are MONSTROUS. I run it in parallel passive all the time and it sounds huge, but if the kids are acting up and won't go to bed I just threaten to switch to series mode and that normally does the trick. Weight is about 4.5 kg and string spacing is 17mm at the bridge[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's in brilliant condition, the only thing I found when giving it the once over was a small circular imperfection in the lacquer that's almost invisible - I'm not even sure if it's a ding or some sort of finish issue from when the bass was new. Anyway, I've tried to show it just to the right of the pickup in the close up photo.[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So, why am I selling if I rate it so highly? Well I'm a shallow man and I don't quite get on with the natural finish, so I was tempted by a sunburst 5 stringer recently and it's one in, one out at Casa Colley.[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price is £325 collected from Sale, South Manchester, or I can post in a hard case for £350. Of course, you're welcome to come round and try it out.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

Edited by colleya

It's a properly top bass Dave. I can meet halfway if you're more Wrexham than Anglesey North Wales, or my sister in law's parents live near Conwy so they might be able to drop it off there next time they visit?

Andy

Can people please stop selling 2nd hand G&Ls for soooo little money?! These are seriously top basses for the money when they are full price, at this three hundred pound mark it's just bargains waiting to be snatched up.

Anyway.

Lovely bass in, from what I can see, as new condition. GLWTS, someone's gonna get a real treat at this price.