Why become a member? ×

Online hearing test... Frequency

fretmeister

Hmm, not so good. Age 54 and depending on my headphones:

Sennheiser HD600: 9000
Shure SRH 1540: 9500
PJB H-850: 8500
Shure 535 (in ear): 8500 but....

10500 through my Bose Companion 3 attached to my Mac!

I do a lot of shotgun shooting, with sound cancelling headphones for the last few years, but before that with just basic earplugs. That may explain it. Good job I like the bass guitar!

[quote name='James Nada' timestamp='1454796341' post='2973145']
Just under 14k which looks below average for a 39 year old.
What is interesting is that I could only hear the tone on my right ear for the last few k! Is that normal?
[/quote]

Do you stand with the drummer on your left.

I do and had the same at my opticians when they did my test.

Even the optician said their test wasn't comprehensive but gave an indication whether there might be problems and whether further tests were necessary.

I got just over 14000 and it's about the same on another test I taken. I sure last year I could hear 16000 on the same kinda tests.

I'm 32 I'm pretty sure I should do better although I love very loud music through headphones. My hearing is very good in volume terms still.

Here is a good site with a graph of your hearing http://myhearingtest.net

Edited by Twincam

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1454838648' post='2973316']

Me too. Of course my Dad refuses to believe me as they are supposedly beyond human hearing! I can also comfortably hear the doggie tone at the end of Sgt Pepper.
I just took the test - 17,181. I'm 34.
[/quote]
They are often variable / inaccurate and the lower end does seem to work better on cats - I hear them too

11800 with headphones, doesn't mean a thing, my hearing is shagged have to have hearing aids but my drop off is around the 3-4k hz, in fact the tone disappeared at these frequencies then came back again, hearing damage is not just about high fequencies, the test twincam mentioned is a far better test for hearing test for damage

Edited by PaulWarning

12800 after a lifetime of motorsports on very loud bike, karts and cars....I do know I have a 'frequency hole' in my right ear which I think was from kart racing...I had to take a 3 monthly hearing test when I worked for Lucas CAV and worked in a cold room area.

good find.

I managed about 12800 at 55. I was a bit surprised my 16year old son only got to 14KHz ish and my 14 year old got to about 17khz

Has anyone tried the subwoofer test on the same page - I must admit I was pretty shocked at the changes in volume I perceived through my KRK Rokit 6 powered monitors which were about £350 a pair. They were pretty loud at at 145hz then got much louder to around 130hz then started fading and at about 110hz hardly audible at all. Then started getting lounder and and fairly flat until about 80hz really big volume peak at about 70hz dropping off and virtually inaudible between 60 and 50hz. Another loudness peak between 45 and 35hz and silent from 30hz on. Am I to assume that my monitors are crap or is something else going on - I know the ears have reduced sensitivity at lower frequencies, could this explain this varied response?

67 yrs old

Left ear 3kHz

Right ear 6kHz

I usually stand to the right of the drummer though stopped regular gigging a couple of years ago but, did not take up bass/gigging till my early fifties.

As I expected, I've had hearing aids for the past 3 yrs.

Edited by grandad

Just shy of 14K on my iPhone ear buds. After that it gets swamped by my tinnitus.

41 years. Teens spent head-banging to metal; twenties spent raving; thirties onwards spent a little more sensibly [i](but only a little).[/i]

Tried the test mentioned by Twincam above ([url="http://myhearingtest.net"]http://myhearingtest.net[/url]) and got "mild hearing loss" above 8K. Everything else "normal".

Can't complain really. I actually count myself lucky it's not a lot worse!