Why become a member? ×

DPD lost my Streamer Stage II

Ruck

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1454696897' post='2972245']

I wish it was as easy as that, but why would the seller cough up?
[/quote]

Because it's the law, though I appreciate it'll be harder when they're in another country.

[quote name='Subbeh' timestamp='1454698052' post='2972260']
Isn't it down to the person who arranged the courier to give money back and chase said courier? did you organise OP or
was it the seller?
[/quote]

Yep, it`s whoever the customer of DPD was, in this case the seller. They should take out the claim against DPD, and if they`ve not paid for insurance, well then that`s their problem, no way a buyer should lose out. And the funds should be returned straightaway, not wait until any claim resolution.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1454700506' post='2972292']
It's definitely for the seller to refund the buyer and then the seller to seek compensation from the courier.
[/quote]

Agreed. The courier will only pay out to the person who booked their services. So if the seller booked them they should refund you straight away.

Yeah, just been through all this. I issued a refund once I was eligible to claim compensation. Just been confirmed today that I'll get my tokens in 5-7 days, it's been a real pain in the farter and has been going on for 5 weeks. From now on I will be quite meticulous with paperwork, it nearly got thrown out due to me not issuing a receipt. I'm sure this particular courier is now down in the op's estimations but none of them are immune. They are human beings after all, although the procedures for claiming are a little extreme. Definately something to be acquainted with before entering an agreement.

I read this on Facebook this morning, horrible thing to happen :(

As far as I am concerned, it is the sellers responsibility to pursue the Insurance Claim through DPD and get what money they can back, but the entire amount should be refunded to you. It is their responsibility to get the bass to you, and incidents such as this cannot mean you are out of pocket, unless you explicitly agreed with the seller pre-sale that all responsibility of shipping lies with you, which I doubt you did! I do feel awfully sorry for the seller but I hope they do what's right for you. I also feel sorry for you as a lovely Warwick has gone :(

Hopefully one of you has a note of the serial number? Get that posted up. The bass is unusual in that it has an ebony fingerboard with no inlays; I have a hunch it started life as a fretless and was fretted at some point, but if that isn't true then it is quite a rare combo indeed; fretted SSII's have wenge fingerboards and the inlays. In other words, if another comes up like it it will stand out to me and other Warwick aficionados like a sore thumb. Get it shared on the Warwick forum too if you haven't already.

I really want to know what the seller has said and if he is gonna pay up? And I hope he did not skimp or skip on paying extra insurance thinking it would be OK.
That would be a big no no!

If I send a bass it's always fully insured for loss, I even add extra for the actual cost of shipping on top of what the bass cost.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1454772709' post='2972865']
I read this on Facebook this morning, horrible thing to happen :(

As far as I am concerned, it is the sellers responsibility to pursue the Insurance Claim through DPD and get what money they can back, but the entire amount should be refunded to you. It is their responsibility to get the bass to you, and incidents such as this cannot mean you are out of pocket, unless you explicitly agreed with the seller pre-sale that all responsibility of shipping lies with you, which I doubt you did! I do feel awfully sorry for the seller but I hope they do what's right for you. I also feel sorry for you as a lovely Warwick has gone :(

Hopefully one of you has a note of the serial number? Get that posted up. The bass is unusual in that it has an ebony fingerboard with no inlays; I have a hunch it started life as a fretless and was fretted at some point, but if that isn't true then it is quite a rare combo indeed; fretted SSII's have wenge fingerboards and the inlays. In other words, if another comes up like it it will stand out to me and other Warwick aficionados like a sore thumb. Get it shared on the Warwick forum too if you haven't already.
[/quote]

Thank you Kev. No agreement was made to say[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"] all responsibility of shipping lies with me. However kudos to the seller, he has been with this all the way so far. Excellent communication. I believe from DPD's T&C's their comp limit is 1K and extra comp would have cost extra. Unfortunately and stupidly I assumed the bass was fully comp as the postage quote was £50. I asked if he could include that (postage costs) in the offer I sent him. He agreed. So unless they find the bass, one of us is going to loose out on at least £350 and that is not factoring in the currency conversion of the bank transfers... Right ball ache eh! Ive had Warwicks shipped to me before from as far as USA with no problems at all. Just this one got a way... Even the DPD dude on the phone today very subtly implied "stuff like that just doesn't go missing" which I might request the audio recording of and all other conversation I have had with them. DPD did at one point try to evade liability by stating the address was wrong. I quickly shot that down by asking why the three previous members of DPD staff I had spoke to had not flagged that up. Anyway, they have admitted full liability. But I just want the bass! :)[/color][/font]

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1454774560' post='2972898']
I really want to know what the seller has said and if he is gonna pay up? And I hope he did not skimp or skip on paying extra insurance thinking it would be OK.
That would be a big no no!

If I send a bass it's always fully insured for loss, I even add extra for the actual cost of shipping on top of what the bass cost.
[/quote]

He's just told me he is not going to refund me and it is upto DPD to compensate me. Which I doubt will happen either. well. damn. Not surprising of course.

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1454786476' post='2973023']
He's just told me he is not going to refund me and it is upto DPD to compensate me. Which I doubt will happen either. well. damn. Not surprising of course.
[/quote]

Was this a purchase through Basschat..? If so, other members may like to know who the seller was, so as to not suffer similar misfortune..?

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1454786476' post='2973023']

[/quote]

DPD will not compensate you, you are not their customer. Please ask him again and let a member of the moderating/admin team know if you have further problems with this member. We are happy to assist in any way we can.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1454795367' post='2973139']
DPD will not compensate you, you are not their customer. Please ask him again and let a member of the moderating/admin team know if you have further problems with this member. We are happy to assist in any way we can.
[/quote]
This is correct. You don't have a legal contract wi DPD. So there's no legal contract telling DPD to compensate you.

DPD will only compensate the person who paid the insurance; IF the guy took out the insurance.

REALLy sorry to heat about all this. This make your stomach go cold at the thought. :(

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1454686057' post='2972080']
Bass was from Germany. But yes i should of taken a holiday over to get it. I've received many basses from Europe and USA with no problem in the last 17 years. This is a first for me.
[/quote]

Flights from Stansted are about £50 return... if only...!!

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1454791763' post='2973099']
Was this a purchase through Basschat..? If so, other members may like to know who the seller was, so as to not suffer similar misfortune..?
[/quote]

Was this the sale?

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/273966-fsft-warwick-ss2-5-strings-wenge-neck-ebony-fingerboard/

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1454800534' post='2973183']
Was this the sale?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/273966-fsft-warwick-ss2-5-strings-wenge-neck-ebony-fingerboard/"]http://basschat.co.u...ny-fingerboard/[/url]
[/quote]

Were there no pictures in the selling thread?

That always seems odd to me.

What a nightmare. I hope it gets resolved for you.

I know it won't help but I often wonder, despite all the insurances etc what actually happens in this scenario.
Fingers crossed you get a full refund or the bass turns up.

Face it, it probably got nicked en route. These packages all have barcode tracking, so it shouldn't take longer than a minute or two for the courier company to know roughly where it went astray. There seems to be a lot of smoke and mirrors going on with the couriers, but knowing how they operate, I'm not overly surprised.
Time to politely suggest to the vendor that you are considering legal action against him?

:mellow:

Did the seller provide tracking details from the German courier? If Everyone is like me I'm following the parcel from the point it goes into their system to see where it is. My last one went to 3 different local dispatch centres before they got it to the right one and that was all DPD also from Germany.

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1454852459' post='2973518']
Time to politely suggest to the vendor that you are considering legal action against him?

:mellow:
[/quote]
The difficulty there is trying to serve any legal papers; do you know where he lives?
I've just bought a bass from another BCer. I know he lives in a certain town, but that's it. I'm sure I won't have a problem, but it's the same situation, unless you can get the police involved.

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1454852755' post='2973521']
Did the seller provide tracking details from the German courier? If Everyone is like me I'm following the parcel from the point it goes into their system to see where it is. My last one went to 3 different local dispatch centres before they got it to the right one and that was all DPD also from Germany.
[/quote] That would at least prove that something got posted.

Edited by Grangur