Why become a member? ×

Squier Gary Jarman Signature Bass

TransistorBassMan

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1499447014' post='3331664']

That's right. It's a 32" scale but the "bum" makes it longer than my P Bass for example. If your gig bag or case fits a P Bass or a Jazz exactly, the Jarman won't fit.
[/quote]

That's what put me off getting one of these basses (I quite like the look of them). The body is long and the bridge is further into the body than a normal bass, so although it's only a 32" scale the overall length of the bass isn't shorter. If they made it the same shape as a Mustang with that tele headstock and that colour... I'd snap one up.

[quote name='Trueno' timestamp='1499447530' post='3331666']

That's what put me off getting one of these basses (I quite like the look of them). The body is long and the bridge is further into the body than a normal bass, so although it's only a 32" scale the overall length of the bass isn't shorter. If they made it the same shape as a Mustang with that tele headstock and that colour... I'd snap one up.
[/quote]

I know what you mean. I'm a big guy though I always feel I look a bit ridiculous with a small bass, like a Mustang. Somehow the Jarman feels really comfortable to me. I can have it hanging lower than my P Bass and I still get good access to the whole neck. I ordered in the dark and I wasn't sure I was gonna like it but I really do. The neck on mine is great!

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1499447014' post='3331664']

That's right. It's a 32" scale but the "bum" makes it longer than my P Bass for example. If your gig bag or case fits a P Bass or a Jazz exactly, the Jarman won't fit.
[/quote]

So the neck is shorter than a J or P then?

[quote name='eddiehoffmann' timestamp='1499454117' post='3331723']

I know what you mean. I'm a big guy though I always feel I look a bit ridiculous with a small bass, like a Mustang. Somehow the Jarman feels really comfortable to me. I can have it hanging lower than my P Bass and I still get good access to the whole neck. I ordered in the dark and I wasn't sure I was gonna like it but I really do. The neck on mine is great!
[/quote]

I'm 6'2" and been quite happy to gig with a Mustang. Personally, I don't mind looking like a knob... which is probably a good thing really.