Why become a member? ×

Items Wanted Forum

thebassist

So from my experience of it I've responded to / successfully traded and have advertised / am currently advertising on the wanted forums.

Admittedly I'm looking for something quite specific which means im turning stuff down. It works via PM's directly ... people are polite friendly and I've
had some great conversations even If they don't always have what i need.

I'd say it was a lot better than just blindly scrolling the for sale page every hour .
good luck :-)

*cough* NO STEALING MY MAPLE BOARD JAZZ BASS Cough*

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1454363961' post='2969085']
Reason is I believe people were abusing it by posting their for sale items as responses instead of paying the fee to list them properly.
[/quote]

"Wanted: a buyer for my xxxxx".

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1454364320' post='2969097']
Admittedly I'm looking for something quite specific which means im turning stuff down. It works via PM's directly ... people are polite friendly and I've
had some great conversations even If they don't always have what i need.
[/quote]

At least you have the courtesy to respond to the people who respond to your ads...ive pm'd a couple of people with what i felt were genuine contenders for their ads yet recieved absolutely no response, yet you can blatantly see they have read your messages. Bit rude I think!

You know like camdenrob said pricing correctly really is the Key , its a supply and demand driven marketplace ... lets face it members here are usually pretty informed buyers , and while i think its always best to be polite when dealing with fellow members , something that doesn't sit right with me is when people are pricing an item at the very top of its price range or based on the value of something listed but unsold on eBay I usually expect that seller to be waiting for a very long time.

Not so long ago I saw an 3-4 year old "STOCK" instrument still available new for about 60 pounds less than sticker price ... I'd never want to start an argument on a persons for sale thread but lets face it for 60 pounds ( half of which would be the free shipping that thommann would cover at that price )
99% of people are going to prefer a new one ...

No matter how much the seller mentions its a one of a kind ...mix of mass produced wood ;-) the moment it leaves the store just like a car it pretty much devalues by 20-30%

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1454363961' post='2969085']
The reason you don't see any responses or bumps is that you aren't allowed to respond or bump!

Reason is I believe people were abusing it by posting their for sale items as responses instead of paying the fee to list them properly.
[/quote] This is correct if people did not abuse the items wanted in the 1st place replies and bumps would still be aloud