Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - GET WRITING

Skol303

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1454955052' post='2974592']
Quick question about Vocaloids. Do you need to buy the editor as well as the voice pack (Avianna for example)...
[/quote]

The editor is included with every voice pack, so no need to acquire separately.

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1455006244' post='2974852']
Having listened to the smeary mess that's happened to my song after uploading, I'm going to do a re-mix; I don't think Soundcloud likes the enormous amounts of reverb I try and hide the vocals with!
[/quote]
Try using delay on your vocals instead. I used a small amount of reverb & a 1/16. delay.

ok i have changed mine a bit to try and make it a bit easier on the ear. my mum is not convinced and insists that the original version (now called Slightly Tanned Toes instead) is the better one, but i prefer the new one. i have tried the panning thing to thin things out a bit and chopped a couple of bits to stop it getting muddy. its still the same tune but i think this sounds better on the ear, though it sounds considerably better in Sonar than it does on soundcloud so i am not sure how much of my efforts will come through.

either way here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/christofloffer/sunburnt-toes2

i will leave it alone now, otherwise i will be altering it forever.

[quote name='christofloffer' timestamp='1455036600' post='2975280']
ok i have changed mine a bit ...
[/quote]

... and we go from 'Very good' to 'Much better'..! Definite improvements, in all quarters, for me. Good stuff. My thumb is up. :i-m_so_happy:

(... but [i]do [/i]listen to your Mum in other subjects, such as washing behind your ears, or not watching the telly from too close up... :mellow: )

Heres mine

[url="https://soundcloud.com/organicpulseensemble/suspense-release-breeze"]https://soundcloud.c...-release-breeze[/url]

Its a bit rough around the edges but since its the first track ive made in over a year and half I'll take what i can get. I imagine its about standing up there feelin the [b]suspense[/b], then the [b]release [/b]of the drop and then swimming around takin it [b]breezy[/b]... and in the end climbing up and doing it again. Yeah.

Oh and as I dont have a drum kit I had to make do, playing a gong with a chopstick made for an alright ride and the touristy conga that usually functions as my nightstand became a kick drum when played with a tea-ball :)

Edited by Bastav

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1455043342' post='2975380']
I got a little time with the vocoder & polished up the track a little bit...
[/quote]

Isn't that just the essence of this Challenge..? So much variation..! Not just chalk and cheese, but polenta, radishes, cucumber, whelks and fried chicken wings..! It's going to be a brave person to choose any one of these as 'Best Of Show', and there's certainly more to come still..!
Bring 'em on, I say, but it's getting to the point where a Winner's Certificate should, in all justice, be issued to each and every entry, simply for the merit of having been created and presented..! Where will it end..? The mind boggles (well, my pea-sized one does, anyway..! :blush: ).

Such a wide variety of entries already, well done all :)

I've most of the music done. I'm going to try singing again. I don't like it, but in for a penny... etc. I may need to re-record some guitars after that. The deadline is a real bugger, isn't it? It seems far away but then it sneaks right up on you all of a sudden.

I've got a few thoughts for mine but haven't put anything down yet. I'm thinking some sort of surf guitar so I get to play with my Harley Benton telecaster with maybe some keys in there too. Something more cheerful than my recent piano excursions and a different style to try and play.

Whoever wins it this month would please me no end if they chose a cinematic picture for March's comp! I've been buying a few cinematic VIs recently. :)

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1455054353' post='2975565']...would please me no end if they chose a cinematic picture for March's comp...
[/quote]

What..? A stop-motion dive of a scantily-clad girl into a picturesque lake is not cinematic enough..? What do you want, Star Wars Tee-fighters and lasers..? Lawrence of Arabia..? Roger Rabbit's Toonville..? Serves you right if next month's pic is of a solitary rose in a vase..! :lol: :P

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1455044951' post='2975405']
Isn't that just the essence of this Challenge..? So much variation..! Not just chalk and cheese, but polenta, radishes, cucumber, whelks and fried chicken wings..! It's going to be a brave person to choose any one of these as 'Best Of Show', and there's certainly more to come still..!
Bring 'em on, I say, but it's getting to the point where a Winner's Certificate should, in all justice, be issued to each and every entry, simply for the merit of having been created and presented..! Where will it end..? The mind boggles (well, my pea-sized one does, anyway..! :blush: ).
[/quote]
Indeed. :)
The entries thus far are superb. The inspiration photo struck a (house) chord with me & things just came so easily (whether anyone else on here likes house music is another subject though). But it was great fun to make the track. :sun_bespectacled:

mines close now , I put a call out for some shouty bits and got some , great sports on here :D

its all in pretend music mode using midi/sequencers and drum machines but some big voicy shouty bits that give the theme , I have a few more shouts to add and the effect will be complete and ready to post, then I will listen in to the others :)

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1455054865' post='2975571']

What..? A stop-motion dive of a scantily-clad girl into a picturesque lake is not cinematic enough..?
[/quote]

Indeed, and it's been done before (not just in Lakes).
Ten minutes of manic arranging.
:)
http://youtu.be/csG6MBYsmOU

Edited by lowdown

Oh my...... Some very interesting little ditties indeed. One has caught my attention already. I'm thoroughly enjoying how this challenge seems to be growing. There's some new blood and some collaborations which I suppose could be categorised as transfused blood and the older blood still pumping away there. I guess what I'm trying to say is, this challenge has heart and guts and brains too. I raise my glass to you all.