Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Stingray 1988 2band EQ, Black n' Maple
£850

Aharon

Hello again Basschat peeps,

Bought this beautiful Stingray from fellow Bass Chatter BagsieBlue (Martyn). It's a 2band EQ transition era model from the late 80s with a beautiful vintage-tint maple neck and original string mutes. It's been well loved and used and it has the mojo to show it but the scuffs/dings etc are purely cosmetic. It's built like a tank and sounds and plays exactly like a Stingray should. I owned a Stingray many years ago and bought this to relive some of that joy but to my suprise my tastes have changed/mellowed and so I would like to pass it on to a better home where it will get played/gigged.

NO TRADES please
Will post to UK at buyer's expense or buyer can collect from Cambridgeshire

I've had many happy trades buying and selling on here, so feel free to take a look at my feedback in the feedback section.

Happy to Answer any questions

[attachment=211066:iedvuw.jpg]
[attachment=211068:20aqrlv.jpg]
[attachment=211069:nx0woy.jpg]
[attachment=211070:o77ckl.jpg]
[attachment=211067:2uqp15y.jpg]
[attachment=211071:swyfr7.jpg]

Edited by Aharon

I have two '89s. Having had Rays from pre-EB to recent ones including Classics, I believe Rays from around these years are terrific instruments, especially if you like varnished necks and very low action. GLWTS

Edited by Apothem

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='walshy' timestamp='1454875388' post='2973853']
The prettiest combination on a MM if you ask me!
[/quote]

I'd second that, very nice, very tempting - I do need a Stingray in my life again!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have access to any scales, but if I were to guess 4.3 - 4.6kg. I have a G&L L2000 that is about 4.1kg and a Gibson Ripper that is 5kg and the Stingray sits somewhere in the middle.

Happy Easter all

PM me for any questions etc.

• 3 weeks later...