Why become a member? ×

Someone talk me out of it

Sub_Drop

I used to have Fender Modern Player Jazz V but I couldn't get on with it. Always seemed hard work compared to my Sandberg.

Exactly. I know as soon as I sell it I'll miss it. It's been my gigging bass for the last 4 years so it's definitely sentimental.

Here's to holding on for better times. Although I keep looking at all those Dingwall basses in the Bass for Sale section.

Unless you have a debt you need to clear, or a bill that needs paying, don't do it.

It's an asset, so selling it will bring in a little cash in the short term but you can only sell it once, so better to try and reduce your costs elsewhere if you can.

Don't do it, ever! I sold a Wal Mk1 back in the mid 90's when I was skint. Kept the fretless, sold the fretted one for.... £500. Should have sold my car, or frankly just about anything! It's taken me 20 years to be in a position to think about replacing that bass, so don't do it!

Yeah keep it dude. I had my precision bass all thru university and finished with no cash, maxed out on overdraft and just a couple of bar staff jobs to try to turn things round. But I vowed I wouldn't flog that bass.

That was 20 years ago this year and I've still got the bass. I'd have got a few hundred quid for selling it, but that would be gone by now.

Sell it.

They're only possessions! You need money and it'll make things easier for you for while.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you'll miss it at some point but then you'll just get over it and move on with your life.

Edited by Truckstop

[quote name='Sub_Drop' timestamp='1454344504' post='2968769']
I made it through. I sold some non essential gear that I won't miss and kept the beautiful Sandberg bass.

My Bass is safe for another year I think.
[/quote]

Yay! In more desperate times I was forced to unload a bunch of stuff to cash converters. I have never really recovered.

Glad you made it :)

[quote name='Sub_Drop' timestamp='1453920384' post='2964283']
Someone talk me out of selling my Sandberg 5 string TM bass.

Money is a bit thin at the minute and I can't shake the sell my bass feeling.

Words of encouragement much appreciated
[/quote]

Things are thin for me too, but I can't see selling any of my basses. Several are vintage and I could never replace them.

Do you have anything else you can sell?

Blue

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, when things were getting a bit tight for cash.[/font]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'All right, let's not panic. I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.'[/font][/size]