Why become a member? ×

Herts Bass Bash 2016 - Sunday 5th June

TheGreek

Many thanks to everyone for a great afternoon out!

Looking at basses - check!
Playing basses - check!
Watching other people play basses - check!
Talking about basses - check!
Listening to other people talk about basses - check!
Cake - check!
Friendly faces all round - check!

You pulled off another blinder Mick... bloody well done!

Edited by NickD

Yup - a great time had by all.

Clearly a huge amount of work by the organisers (Mick, Chris, Louise plus, plus, plus).

Many highlights - Bottle's home-made amp; Jabba's faultless builds; the pedal shoot out; Nick Smith's demo of the Sims Super Quads; a lovely, lovely, lovely Shuker; Valentin's superb forteVio UEB (and the immaculate electric violin)....

...but none so good as the look on Mick's face when he opened the case of the restored 'Mystery Bass'...

...and really none so good as the surprise gift Mick gave me - a superb tcslaser.co.uk acrylic copy of my bubinga fretless build's headstock:

Just how cool is that! :D

Thanks Mick for the org and gift and thanks to all for making it such a great day :D

Andy

Can only agree with all who've already posted. Many thanks to all for a the day Louisa and I both had a great time. Excellent to meet with Andy and Jez. I'm sure all we southerners are really appreciative for those guys making it down to our event. Their work is even more inspiring when you see it in the flesh, plus they're really cool guys too.

See some of you again soon

Rich

+1 to all this!

[quote name='NickD' timestamp='1465151091' post='3065645']
Many thanks to everyone for a great afternoon out!

Looking at basses - check!
Playing basses - check!
Watching other people play basses - check!
Talking about basses - check!
Listening to other people talk about basses - check!
Cake - check!
Friendly faces all round - check!

You pulled off another blinder Mick... bloody well done!
[/quote]

Well that was a great day (made even better by walking away with a new bass having won the raffle!). Thanks to everyone involved in the organisation and to everyone who turned up with an incredible array of interesting gear. Although the highlight for me was the Tangerine Drizzle cake. Mmmm.

This was my first bash and won't be my last - and it was all in the name of a good cause.

On which note, I have no intention of selling the signed bass. But let me state for the record that if I ever do part with it, I promise that at least half of the proceeds will go back to the Youth Centre to support the work they do.

There. Said it now, you can hold me to that!

So thanks again - it was good to put faces to names. See you all next year

Edited by Skinnyman

I loved every minute of the bash! Many thanks to Mick, Chris, Louise, Graham and Valerie Poulton, and everyone else who spent time and money organising and supporting the event.
I took 650 (six hundred and fifty!) photos and recorded the pedal shootout and Doctor of the Bass's talk in their entirety. All to follow soon. In the meantime, a few light-hearted shots. :)

Skinnyman and his prize

Noisyjon

Bassface2k10 in a rare moment away from reception/kitchen

The youngest rocker in town!

On another note; the D'Addario goodie bag I got in the raffle was a veritable treasure trove... the new NYXL strings (in some seriously cool packaging Apple would be proud of), clip on tuner, new earplugs, microfiber cleaning cloth, a cool t-shirt and a few other bits and bobs... :)

Sounds like a great day, SO ticked off I couldn't get there, only good thing was I got to see a Spitfire fly over my head!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=160f9438e0&view=att&th=15524a0eba022385&attid=0.1&disp=safe&realattid=1536371846695354368-local0&zw

Another fantastic and successful bash! Thanks to Mick and all involved in organising it.

Also, if you had photos taken by my dad, please can you drop me a quick pm so I know who has what coming.

See you all next year! :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1465199352' post='3065939']
Another fantastic and successful bash! Thanks to Mick and all involved in organising it.

Also, if you had photos taken by my dad, please can you drop me a quick pm so I know who has what coming.

See you all next year! :)

Si
[/quote]
Hi, Si

PM duly sent. Can you thank your dad again for his sterling work!

Andy

Morning all...just back from delivering the proceeds from yesterday to the Centre Manager - you managed to raise £641.25 for the venue which the centre can use to provide materials and services to young people in the area. They have a recently refurbished Music studio which will almost certainly benefit from the funds. raised.

I thank you all..

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1465207361' post='3066029']
Morning all...just back from delivering the proceeds from yesterday to the Centre Manager - you managed to raise £641.25 for the venue which the centre can use to provide materials and services to young people in the area. They have a recently refurbished Music studio which will almost certainly benefit from the funds. raised.

I thank you all..
[/quote]

Fantastic work!

Congratulations on another successful Bash, Mick... :)

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1465207361' post='3066029']
They have a recently refurbished Music studio which will almost certainly benefit from the funds. raised.
[/quote]

That's fantastic... Is it a rehearsal studio where the kids can go and jam with backline etc?

I'm not sure what they have currently - in the past they had some 30+ year old abused guitars, a short scale Yamaha bass, several drum kits (donated by frustrated mums), keyboards and a 4x4 studio. They recently had this updated following a grant from the UoH but I haven't seen with what. Apparently they have some nice gear now, unclear how much use it gets - it had plenty of misuse in the past.

When you bear in mind that they receive less than the annual fuel bill (over £7K ) from Herts CC any funds we can raise will make a difference.

The Lettings Manager was very happy and is looking forward to the next one..

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1465164506' post='3065846']

Skinnyman and his prize

[/quote]

It's rather unfortunate the way those stone washed jeans make me look like I've wee'd myself.

Or maybe it was excitement.

Or age.