Why become a member? ×

January Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[quote name='Rikki1984' timestamp='1453914610' post='2964195']
About an hour after this poll opened 3 people had voted and I had received 3 votes. I promptly handed in my resignation to my boss in anticipation of the fame and fortune that undoubtedly comes with winning this competition.
[/quote]
I kind of feel your pain in reverse, I normally have to wait till the death before some kind soul takes pity and offers up a consolatory vote in my direction , this time I got it at opening time , so I was at least running with the pack for an hour or so ;)

Somewhat in the spirit of 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em', here's a promo video, soon to hit TV screens nationwide....

[media]http://youtu.be/_zxk_KLnfvA[/media]

The bumper stickers are ready, as are the lapel badges. The 4 x 3 posters go up tomorrow.

Don't forget now, folks ...

Vote For Lenny..! You know it makes sense. :D

Edited by Dad3353

Why thank you, Mr Campaign Manager! You can be the Irma Bunt to my Ernst Stavro Blofeld!
Unfortunately I can't view the vid - tis private?
However, I'll soon be expecting to hear strange, tuneless ditty-less ditties cluttering up the charts and advertising spaces, as well as corrupting the ears of youthful types who would otherwise be Beliebing...

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1454056371' post='2965772']...
Unfortunately I can't view the vid - tis private?...
[/quote]

Indeed..! A cunning ploy to incite interest and create one of these 'ere 'buzz' things. Naturally (and for your eyes only...), I've now allowed vision to the select. Plus, of course ...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Don't forget now, folks ...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vote For Lenny..! You know it makes sense. [/font][/color] :D[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

I had a listen to all the entries & cast my votes earlier. I felt bad for having an entry & not voting last month.
Tell ya what... There's some brilliant entries that are very much finished songs.
Some proper skills & it was hard to choose just 3!

21 voters thus far, not a bad turn out. Its still any horses race to be fair. I envisage xgsjx pulling away in the final furlong, with Rikki, Dad and Smalls hot on his tail, but who perchance will claim this much coveted accolade??????????? It may be split decision, umpires enquiry, dual photo its impossible to predict.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1454071972' post='2966085']

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Don't forget now, folks ...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vote For Lenny..! You know it makes sense. [/font][/color] :D[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]
[/quote]

I suspect foul play...
Since Douglas became my campaign manager - which gave me time to write my over-long,teary, and rather gushing award-acceptance speech - I've not had a vote and he's caught up!
At this rate I'll have to go back to the funk...

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1454156961' post='2967015']
I suspect foul play...
Since Douglas became my campaign manager - which gave me time to write my over-long,teary, and rather gushing award-acceptance speech - I've not had a vote and he's caught up!
[/quote]

he is a slippery old escargot for sure :D :D :D

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1454156961' post='2967015']
I suspect foul play...
[/quote]

Just up and recovering from our first gig of the year (yes, it went well, thank you very much...) only to come across these dark aspersions. I'd like to put the record straight, and ask, in all honesty, where could I have been able to drum up video sequences for a 'Vote for xgsjx' campaign, or even 'Vote for Bilbo' (much as I think it a worthy cause...)..? No, it's purely a matter of fortuity and having a more readily available moniker. Honest, guv. Really.
Still, if, as a consequence, a reversion to 'funk' (yes, the inverted commas are there for literary reasons...), 'twill all have been worth it. In my perpetually optimistic manner, I remain stoicly convinced that there is yet a path to Salvation for this poor lost tormented soul, and that the joy of 'real' music could, once again, grace his outpourings. OK, I hear you object, it's too late, the damage has been done, the road too rocky... Maybe, but if I can light just one small torch on his way and save what's left, I can sleep more easily. I may be wrong, of course; the last time, if I remember correctly , was in 1956 over the outcome of the Suez crisis, so I'm not infallible by any means. Time will tell... :mellow:

I come back after a month away, (yes,a fabulous holiday in 'the land of the long white cloud', thank you), to find the standard this month is sky high !!
Is there a connection ? mmmmm !!

Have a top five at the moment...time to put kettle on, grab paper,pencil and have another listen !!
Top marks everyone......

Nige

[quote name='fingers211' timestamp='1454251970' post='2967841']
I come back after a month away, (yes,a fabulous holiday in 'the land of the long white cloud', thank you), to find the standard this month is sky high !!
Is there a connection ? mmmmm !!

Have a top five at the moment...time to put kettle on, grab paper,pencil and have another listen !!
Top marks everyone......

Nige
[/quote]

Good afternoon, Nige...

You do realise the importance of your conclusions, don't you..? Are you sitting comfortably..? Another cushion, perhaps..? Tea..! Excellent idea..! Perhaps a biscuit or two..? Any preference..? No, no, don't get up; I'll get the cups. You just settle down and enjoy... :drinks:

([i]Scuttles into kitchen, frantically opens and closes cupboards looking for Earl Grey and Bourbons... Calls out 'Sugar..? No..? How wise..!' Hunts around for a silver platter; has to resort to the plywood tray with a print of Tower Bridge. Shuffles obsequiously back to the settee.[/i]..)

Edit: Ah..! Almost forgot...

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1454253129' post='2967853']

[/quote]

And I've got cake!
Schwarzwalder kirschtorte...

Or perhaps some fine chocolate from the Chocolate Gourmet in Ludlow?
And I think somebody must have just dropped this £50 note!

[color=#800000][size=5][b]Voting ends tonight at midnight.[/b][/size][/color]

And it's a close 'un!

[b]PS:[/b] I'm traveling tomorrow so there may be a slight delay in kick-starting February's challenge (it'll most likely be later on tomorrow, rather than early doors). Normal service will then resume.

And well done everyone. Sterling work, as always. Cheers :drinks:

Edited by Skol303