Why become a member? ×

WIll you vanish from Basschat?

Twincam

I've noticed posts from members I've never heard of in old threads and being curious clicked on there profile to find they have not been on the forum at all for a long time but had been fairly regular contributing members at one time.

I notice that other members had viewed there profile long after they had been active, so I'm guessing other people wonder why they have stopped being active too.

Of course we may never know there reasons, there could be hundreds of reasons why.

So as the title says can you envision yourself ever not bothering with bc after being a regular?

[quote name='RockfordStone' timestamp='1453667893' post='2961626']
i've left forums before after the topics and arguments become to samey and tedious. I wont be going anywhere yet, but i could leave the forum and not let it bother me
[/quote]

Yep.... altho I couldn't say when I'll get bored here.. could be anytime.
I post less and there are only a few threads I bother with...so I can be done
with the site in 5 mins.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1453671473' post='2961699']
I'll be here until I drop, thanks to my selective use of the 'turn off notifications ' button. I highly recommend it as a sanity preserver :-)
[/quote]

Yes... a MUST.. and I hardly want it broadcast at work either..:lol:

Well Basschat is the only on-line thingy that I do, not on Facespace or Twatter, so I`m sticking around. I like reading about different bits of gear and how many different users put them into practice. Not that bothered about Off Topic, I look at it cos it`s there, if it wasn`t wouldn`t bother me.

[quote name='CHW' timestamp='1453673793' post='2961733']
I've not been here long, but several forum I've used in the past have had occasional flounces where topics boil over into personal comments and folks simply disappear.
[/quote]

That sort of thing never happens on Basschat......
:)

Yup, I have taken breaks before. The worst thing you can do is announce it - like anyone gives a monkey's! I usually leave when the holier-than-thou, a P-bass is all you need, Leo got it right, one true bass brigade get so sanctimonious and preachy that it's either leave or risk a ban for what I might say.

But I usually get enticed back when the levels of BS being spouted about Gibson basses reach levels that I cannot leave unaddressed ;)

Edited by neepheid

I used to be addicted to the therapy? Wall Of Mouths forum as they were/are my favourite band. I met lots of the fellow users in 'real life' and it was a great community. In the end though I felt like I was spending too much time posting and reading crap for the sake of it like I was addicted so I left. No regrets but now the only social media I can't escape is facebook!