Why become a member? ×

NBD - Marleaux Consat Custom 5

CamdenRob

Picked this up in a trade on Saturday, I've not owned a Marleaux so thought i'd give this one a whirl.

On the side of my Wals, which I use for everything, I've been trading basses around just to see what else is out there and keep abreast of what's going on outside my one eyed world of Wal...

This bass is everything a luthier built bass should be. It is comfortable to play, wonderfully balanced and the tone is warm and versatile thanks to an active 3 band eq and the option to switch it to passive.

This particular example has a fetching Pear top which I haven't seen on a bass before and contrasts beautifully with the ebony fretboard.

The intention is to keep trading basses around, but I'm very fond already of this one and am happy to give it a home for a while :)

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1453657767' post='2961482']
This one has Delano pups but it does have a very Bart like sound... Clean but not EMG clean sort of tone.
[/quote]

Ah I see! I know they went for those oval Delanos on some of the other models. The preamps killer too - I think someone said it was modified Glockenlang. That and a Precision and you're all bas(s)es covered :D .

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1453886782' post='2963702']
...but if you still have Marleaux strings in it, bin them! Horrible things almost made me sell the bass! Then I put D'addario's on it and all was well.
[/quote]

I believe it does still have the stock strings on it (tapered B and E) I will change them for prosteels (as I do with every bass anyway).

I'm looking forward to having a proper play around with the bass this weekend :)

[quote name='Schnozzalee' timestamp='1453844255' post='2963436']
I think someone said it was modified Glockenlang.
[/quote]

It wouldn't surprise me if it is a Glockenklang pre as the EQ seems to respond in a very similar way to my amp (blue soul). I like it :) it's simple and musical.

Edited by CamdenRob

I also have one. A Consat Straight

I am very happy about it. It's a very comfortable bass to play, good tone, lightweight, beautiful... What else.

I think the PUs are Delano on mine. They look like it, although they have no name on them.

Edited by cascanicoff