Why become a member? ×

One Of These Days Delay

cthorpey

Apologies if you already know this!
The album track was recorded with 2 bass tracks, one slightly after the other. You can get a similar effect live by altering your picking and using one delay so you get the galloping sound but i never managed to get the "bass chasing the bass" sound (hope that makes sense!).
I can imagine using 2 long delays live would be very difficult to set up and could easily end up sounding horrible! :)
If you make any progress let us know!

Thanks for the help
I am tinkering with an analog delay 300ms, 6 repeats 80% mix and a teensy bit of chorus just to liven things up a bit
still need to work out how to muddy it all up for the middle "One of these days i'm gonna cut you into little peices" bit
starting rehersals on it on sunday, will let y'all know how it works out

• 12 years later...

Similar to above, I can get really close on my Strymon El Capistan with a couple of repeats and in mode B - dotted 1/8th, then playing the note in a galloping fashion, i.e. da dada dada dada, etc. I reckon you'd be able to get pretty close on any delay pedal that has a dotted 1/8th setting  and a bit of modulation. Tap tempo helps as well.