Why become a member? ×

Alleva Coppolo 1600 Figured Maple Top NAMM 2007 - SOLD
£2700

mrbassman_de

SOLD

Alleva Coppolo 1600 Figured Maple Top NAMM 2007 (LG, RA, LM)

Spec:

No 2 of series of 3 for the NAMM 2007 show
Private Stock One-piece Figured Maple Top
Caramel Burst "edge to blend to back"
Alder or Ash body (not sure)
Maple Board, 34", 19mm spacing at bridge
Alleva pickups, 60s spacing
Alleva electronics (Vol, Vol + push/pull active/passive, passive Tone Blend, Bass, Treble)
Year: 2007
Weight: 4,35 kg
Protech gigbag, no tools

Action is very low, frets and all other parts in very good condition. This bass has been played a lot by a French pro player, who was also the first owner. The bass has some more or less serious dings, but structurally this bass is in perfect working condition. I tried to catch the major dents in the pics so look carefully. I believe the bass is more for the ambitious player instead for the bass collector.

Originally it had gold bridge and knobs with perloid tops, but the owner preferred black HW - and I agree. the original parts come with the bass. The knobs are like the typical Alleva knobs (Fender JB like) but bought aftermarket as the original ones are heavier golden knobs.

The colour is a special one from that era: "edge to blend to back" means that the back has been painted with a custom colour and the top with a caramel burst.

Alleva 1600 are basically LG5 Classics with exotic tops. This one has a private stock Maple top - one-piece - which is extremely rare to find in that quality. I don't know whether it has an Alder body or Ash. I would tend towards Alder. So basically this is a 60s config with an Maple board - a mix of all 3 major Alleva models LG, RA and LM.

Asking 2700 GBP or 3500 EUR plus shipping from Duesseldorf / Germany.

SOLD

Edited by mrbassman_de

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...