Why become a member? ×

BCers Prepared to Help Fix a Bass

Grangur

• 2 months later...

I am! 13 years as a bass player now, done all my own restringing and adjustments for a long time. I’ve took on quite a number of repairs too from headstock breaks to set-ups, even had a friend come to me with a bass neck he bought off eBay with the truss rod hanging out the back, wasn’t perfect but I sorted it and made it functional.

I LOVE making custom Ramps for basses aswell and have a number of exotic pieces of wood I’m hankering to carve up!!

Ive also done repairs & set-ups for quite a few of the local musicians around Burton On Trent and Derbyshire, I’m out in Clifton, not too far from Ashbourne, Belper, Buxton etc, in the Derby Dales, If anyone has any issues and needs someone close by, give me a shout! Happy to help :)

Edited by Bassislife16
Punctuation & spelling
  • Like 2

I’ve relocated, so you might want to edit my location. I’m now in the Outer Hebrides (still furthest north though). I’ll help out anyone in the islands, sure .... provided I’m not the only bass player here 🤔

Anyway, I can do set-ups, fingerboard/ fretboard/ fret work, basic electronic repairs, certain types of refinishing, and my forte ... metalware/ hardware modifications.

I’ve been confidently working on my own basses for the last 20-odd years. I’m a silversmith by trade, so I’m familiar with working to high technical standards  👍🏻

Edited by Fionn
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Marcoelwray

Hello, I know this is not much UK-related, as my location is in Belgium but for a small charge or even for free if an arrangement could be found, I'd be happy to help anyone, in refretting, defretting, re-topping, refin, Warwick unofficial Customer support (refin, restauration, settings, repair...)

Here it is :)

• 3 weeks later...

Slight update.

As well as setups, fret work and refrets, some electrical work, cosmetic damage.

I now can do solid colour refinishing, some metallic and candy colours. Neck refinishing.

Also snapped neck repairs.

Mobile setups and minor fret work NE England. 

Will be hoping soon to learn routing work, modifications. 

On 03/05/2017 at 20:48, T-Bay said:

I am in Tamworth and reasonably handy across a range of skills but never done fretwork. I have a wide array of tools and kit to problem solve if needed as well.

Big thanks to T-Bay for helping me with a new switch in my OLP MM22. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Bass Wielder said:

So second try…..anyone doing routing work near Aylesbury, Bucks?

Wanting to add a second pickup to a single pup bass….

You are lucky enough to be just over an hour's drive from the finest luthier and guitar tech in the county, I drive three times that distance to get my guitars and basses set up by him, many people travel further, both nationally and internationally.

Guitar Technical Services

9 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

You are lucky enough to be just over an hour's drive from the finest luthier and guitar tech in the county, I drive three times that distance to get my guitars and basses set up by him, many people travel further, both nationally and internationally.

Guitar Technical Services

Thanks for that👍🏾

Must be more around too🤞🏽

• 1 month later...

Ralph

Princes Risborough Buckinghamshire.

String replacements, set ups inc truss rod adjustments, bridge saddle height, intonation,

Fret levelling and dressing, crown and polish.  

Neck shims. Some soldering work but not active systems.

I don't do routing or spraying anymore as I had to loose my workshop when I moved home.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hi all got my self a lovely Yamaha BBp5 string has they are all individually set up by Luther in Japan really struggling on what measurements to start from so I thought it would be a great time to reach out to you all to find a Luther in the Essex London area for a full set up 

thanks