Why become a member? ×

Wiring help

ape

Sooo....Help lol, Hi everyone, I've just got my old fretless bass back from my brother and frankly it's a bit of a mess, most of it I can sort however..the numpty removed the jack and battery clip, I'm ok with the soldering bit but have no idea when it comes to wiring or wiring diagrams so have no idea on where the battery clip needs to be soldered too or where the wires to the jack goes? if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. I'm not sure if they're all pretty standard or I need to put pics up of the control cavity, or you need more info from me but thanks in advance :-) Oh the bass is an old Washburn XB400 if that helps (I've tried to find pics of the control cavity of one for reference but can't find anything clear enough)

Hi Ape!

There was a Vintage Washburn web site where they put wiring diagram for all the vintage Washburn basses and guitars but it's now closed (since two weeks ago), too bad. It happened in the past and the web site come back in line after a few weeks but I don't know if it will be the same this time. [b][url="http://vintagewashburn.com/index.html"]Here is the link just in case[/url][/b], but I got another solution as there is a [b][url="http://www.talkbass.com/threads/the-official-washburn-club-part-3.1060572/page-262#post-18295402"]Washburn Club[/url][/b] on TalkBass and there is a member who own an XB-400, he's a real nice guy (psp742) and he surely will help you.

Good luck!

Thanks, I really appreciate it, I'll give it a try later when I'm back from work, I joined a Washburn forum yesterday as well in the hope that someone can help as it looks as though there's a few XB400 owners on there, it's not as active as this site though.

You're welcome!

As I told write yesterday, psp742 got one and is really a nice guy, he surely help you. Me I don't have an XB-400 because I got and XB-120 that got the same pups and preamp but not the same control knobs setup as the XB-120 got a push and pull active knob that I prefer over the XB-400, so the wiring is surely not the same as on the XB-400.

Here is my XB-120:

Edited by SP_EB4L

That's a lovely looking bass, I think mine has the same pickups, mine as a 3 pots and a 3 way switch though, I'll try and get round to messaging that guy tonight, didn't have time last night, I'll have to upload some pics of mine, mine's been de fretted and had some heavy body modification

Good evening ape,

Thanks for your appreciation of my XB-120, by the description of your pots and switch, I could say that your XB-400 is surely an introductory year (1994) model. It probably share the same electronics and wiring pathway as for the predecessor Mercury Series MB-4 and I think that psp742 got the same bass as your. He just post not the Washburn Club thread of TB and told me that he will post the picture of his bass internal bay as soon as he gonna fix a problem with Photobucket. He didn't write if he will post on basschat.co.uk or on TalkBass (TB). I keep you in touch if your not also on TB.