Why become a member? ×

tech 21 bass fly rig

danbowskill

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1454937398' post='2974336']
$299 = £207 from Sweetwater.

Anyone going to the States on holiday? ;)
[/quote]

Yowzer... that's bordering on bargain city considering what you get in it. Shame the UK price is not even close.

Alot of very useful functions on this thing. I would hazard a guess that a huge proprtion of pub/function gigs could be covered with this thing. Love it.

It really saddens me how expensive Tech21 stuff is when it gets here. I bought my VTBassDI through Amazon and got it shipped to a mate in New England, who bought it into the UK on a business trip. About half price.

I can understand the costs behind retooling the manufacturing for 240v units, but battery/9v stuff?

Tech 21 are having a laugh with this. Despite the fact I truly love their stuff and my psa 1.1 is my favourite preamp of all time, it's not enough to get away from the feeling that we're being done.

Until they sell stuff in the UK at a reasonable price or the value of the dollar sinks substantively, I'm not partaking in this.

I suppose if you look at it compared to a seperates board, it may well be well priced. Considering you get a di and tuner. No need for a fancy power supply or cabling.. the price begins to look slightly more reasonable. .. however I think under 300 would have been more tempting.

Anyone know how much the guitar ones were when they were released?

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1455622290' post='2980716']
I suppose if you look at it compared to a seperates board, it may well be well priced. Considering you get a di and tuner. No need for a fancy power supply or cabling.. the price begins to look slightly more reasonable. .. however I think under 300 would have been more tempting.

Anyone know how much the guitar ones were when they were released?
[/quote]

They were under £300. A few of the Gtr players I work with bought them when they were first released.

Edited by NoirBass

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1458488385' post='3007968']
This looks promising:

https://m.thomann.de/gb/tech_21_bass_fly_rig.htm?o=27&ref=mm_a_27&search=1458488239

£300 feels more reasonable.
[/quote]

Definitely getting there. The more I think about this, the more I like it.

• 3 months later...

A friend of mine had his Fly Rig Bass arrive today and brought it round to mine to try out. Ran it through my Hartke HA3500 and Ampeg SVT410HE, ran through a variety of different tones on it and it sounded great! couldn't have been more impressed by it. To be honest, i'm seriously considering getting rid of my rack unit and getting one of these to make things easy when travelling to far off gigs.