Why become a member? ×

Darkglass Microtubes Head

Daz39

[quote name='markstuk' timestamp='1475835140' post='3149056']
900W RMS into 2/4 ohms @ 20% THD... So not quite so much in real life.. I suspect I know now why it was originally the "700" :-)
[/quote]

So does that mean its 900w with the distortion/od on. And lower wattage clean?

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1475925437' post='3149797']
So does that mean its 900w with the distortion/od on. And lower wattage clean?
[/quote]

It's power stage distortion and usually sounds nasty... Most amp manufacturers (when they do, but getting rarer these days) tend to quote a continuous max RMS figure at <1% THD..

They're certainly aware, obviously a mistake not corrected from the prototype but I'm not sure if they'll just keep it that way now, its quite funny! But if they do correct it, hey at least itl be first edition collectors item! :lol:

I like a good Doug interview. He has so much time for his product users as well as media outlets. Damn nice fellow to chat to face to face too :)

Interesting what he had to say about the Class D power module argument. Also cool that the digital circuitry for the switch can be upgraded in the future without modification to the amp!

I like their design approach. The end result looks classy. These are not sensible reasons for buying a new bass amp though. However, there do seem to be a few good reasons to make the investment. For Darkglass pedal owners, how have you found reliability? Darkglass appears to me to have a reputation for quality and I have just been assuming this will carry over to the new head.

[quote name='DBerriff' timestamp='1476185789' post='3152024']
Hmm. Sounds good... It's only money... Again... I just don't need that much power though... Then again, with the falling pound...

Decisions, decisions!
[/quote]

Switchable power, stick it in 2 ohm mode is 900w its too much for your cabs :) 350w at 8ohm that way!

I have owned multiples of all Darkglass equipment released, I had a couple of issues with the ones built by 3Leaf, but all products built in Finland have been 100%

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1476135749' post='3151741']
I like a good Doug interview. He has so much time for his product users as well as media outlets. Damn nice fellow to chat to face to face too :)

Interesting what he had to say about the Class D power module argument. Also cool that the digital circuitry for the switch can be upgraded in the future without modification to the amp!
[/quote]

Yeah he really comes across brilliantly in that. Nice guy, down to earth but with ideas to grow. Good stuff :)

Ordered from Andertons. Decent price for that level of quality hardware and I cannot help feeling that everything is about to get a bit more expensive in the short term. So I jumped. I too like Doug's philosophy. Thanks for the feedback, Kev.

Edited by DBerriff

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1476205264' post='3152322']
Are they shipping straight away?
[/quote]

At a guess, I would say preorders will ship tomorrow. Ordering the one in stock now will be guaranteed for Thursday, so imagine preorders will be the same, unless they did get dispatched today, which seems unlikely now.

EDIT: All stock now gone, but apparently they are getting more in a week? DG must have really increased production if they can meet another shipload so soon, I don't any other british dealers have their initial stock yet...

Edited by Kev