Why become a member? ×

Who's got a chorus on their board

nash

I'm a big fan of the Neunaber Choruses. They're digital but do that subtle detune sound SO well. Think of a nicer version of the detune on the Digitech Whammy pedals or the Iron Ether Polytope set to a subtle setting with a lower noise floor.

Edited by BigBassBob

• 1 month later...

I recently picked up a TC Corona just to have a decent chorus on hand in case I needed one at some point. As it turns out, I messed about with the tone print and now I have that set as a killer flanger. I have it in a parallel looper with a bit of clean and it's my new go to sound to beef up my sound during guitar solos, with maybe some dirt added too. The chorus isn't too shabby either. But I really love my flanger.

For years I used an EBS Unichorus and was very happy with how it sounded. Unfortunately, all my gig bags got nicked last year so I've since bought a Tech21 Bass boost chorus which is easily the best I've ever heard

After reading this thread i went off and looked at the TC Corona. it looks like a very decent chorus. I quite fancy one, but the mini looks like it might do enough for me, as i wouldn't use it a lot and cant see me needing the 3 chorus effect. Ive got a Boss CEB-3 but its not working properly, so could do with getting a new chorus.

Are any of you Corona owners using the mini or the are you all using the full sized version?

Edited by dave_bass5

MXR analog chorus for me.

I've previously had a Boss CEB3 and EHX Neo Clone. The MXR has the right combination of warmth and eq filtering that the other two didn't have IME. I'm very happy with the MXR and now looking for more opportunities on songs to use it. 😎

[quote name='probablypike' timestamp='1460922773' post='3029864']
Just out of interest, do many people use it as an always on pedal?

I've never really been that interested in chorus, really, but I'm starting to see how good it can sound on gentle settings in combination with other things like distortion and octave etc.
[/quote]

I like it when chorus is just used as a "thickener" where you can't actually tell it's chorus but the whole thing is fatter. That's how I use mine and it's always on

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1460968961' post='3030143']

I like it when chorus is just used as a "thickener" where you can't actually tell it's chorus but the whole thing is fatter. That's how I use mine and it's always on
[/quote]

That's exactly what I had in mind! Sounds great.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1460928338' post='3029952']
Are any of you Corona owners using the mini or the are you all using the full sized version?
[/quote]
I've got the big one, it has the extra tone control, it's very useful. The mini doesn't have this.

I use a Digitech bass chorus, it's horrible, which makes it perfect for Don't Stop Believin', comes up regularly with wedding bands, and I always get complimented on my tone for that song even though it's horrible.

Cheers. Guys. Although i do have chorus options its an effect i never really get around to using, but i quite fancy trying a Corona. Might try the mini (unless i can get the full size secondhand) as i doubt ill be fiddling with it once i have a tone i want. I expect ill just use it to thicken my tone up when the guitarist is solo'ing.

I really want a TC Corona now. I tried one in Denamrk st yesterday. It seemed more organic than anything I've used before.
I have missed out on two on here this weekend so if anyone does want shot of theirs, I have a wanted ad running already and cash waiting.