Why become a member? ×

Sting and Peter Gabriel!?

ras52

I'm puzzled at PG's motives for this. His last 'rock' album was nowhere near his usual high standards and was a very long time ago and he seemingly spends his time doing orchestral reworks of his back catalogue, but when asked about a Genesis reunion he says he doesn't have the time for it or it's a 'backward' step. Standards much double.

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1453316365' post='2958412']
I'm not sure how this sits in the scheme of US gig ticket pricing, but that's £180 at today's exchange rate.
[/quote]

That'll be because they play for four hours in the US, not just the 90 minutes we get over here.

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1453316365' post='2958412']
If you're on the petergabriel.com newsletter mailing list, you'll have already seen the presale links. Front and centre seats are yours for $250 each.

I'm not sure how this sits in the scheme of US gig ticket pricing, but that's £180 at today's exchange rate.
[/quote]
[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1453510968' post='2960294']
That'll be because they play for four hours in the US, not just the 90 minutes we get over here.
[/quote]

If so, that's pretty good value for money IMHO. Only 75p a minute. Whether my buttocks could stand sitting down for that long is another matter.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1453555607' post='2960498']
Just to give you an idea of how it might pan out, [url="http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-simon-and-sting/2014/united-center-chicago-il-3c2b1d7.html"]here's a setlist from the last time Sting did this, with Paul Simon[/url].
[/quote]

Were both Sting's band and Paul Simon's band there, or was there one uber-band for the whole lot?

[quote name='lowregisterhead' timestamp='1453540940' post='2960357']
If so, that's pretty good value for money IMHO. Only 75p a minute. Whether my buttocks could stand sitting down for that long is another matter.
[/quote]
[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1453546891' post='2960405']
I don't know about you, but when I sit down my buttocks tend to do the same. They don't stand. ;)
[/quote]

OK, perhaps I'll re-phrase that.... "Whether my buttocks could bear sitting down for that long is another matter." Bare buttocks. See what I did there?

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1453304506' post='2958268']
I wish I'd seen Sting on the Dream Of The Blue Turtles tour. What an incredible band he had alongside him.
[/quote]

My first ever gig ...lol !
Belfast ...last night of tour... Played for over three hours...I thought all bands did this.
Branford ,Kenny ,Darryll and Omar were different class.