Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II SB Black n Gold 1 bass for sale £625
£625

Hamdog

I am selling my Aria Pro II black n gold 1 bass. Please note this is not the signed cliff burton version, but is the same design that he used and subsequently attributed his name to. My bass is from the early 80's but I am unsure of the year.

I am selling for the simple reason that I hardly play anymore (I know not the forum to admit that) and need the money for a trip with my wife/baby savings!
There are signs of use and a few small knocks, I believe as to be expected from an old bass, but all of these are in the pictures. Comes with a hard case.

I live in London but would ship depending on demand & costs being covered.

If you have any questions please ask and I will try and answer them. Below is a link to the current specs - although I cannot attest to this being the spec when mine was first made.

http://www.ariaguitars.com/jp/items/basses/sb/sb-blackn-gold/

Cheers,

Hamish

Edited by Hamdog

Nice example. I have a very roadworn SB Elite Black & Gold which I'm shortly going to be renovating, and they are lovely instruments, if a little on the heavy side.

Your bass is from 1984, according to the method used to date Matsumoku instruments.

Jon.

Main difference with the SB-R/Elites is the neck shape. These have more conventional dimensions - 42mm at the nut and 55 at the 12th, giving "normal" string spacing. SBs have a much more parallel neck (45 @ nut, 52 @ 12th) resulting in tigher spacing. I definitely prefer the SB-R / Elte spacing. And those inlays are damn cool... B)

Jon.

and its a black n gold like Cliffs..... I have the 2 pickup version and a white elite and both sound like thunder, way better than a boring old fender....if I had the money I'd drive to your house now and buy it!!!! Black n Golds are not as common as Elites and this is a cool bass! GLWTS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...