Why become a member? ×

Pedaltrain soft cases - any good?

Osiris

After years of gigging with only an eq pedal on top of my amp, I've got a new project in the pipeline that's going to require the use of a couple more pedals.
That being the case, I'm after a pedal board to house them, the Pedaltrain stuff ticks all the boxes for my requirements and seems to be well respected.

My question is how sturdy are the bags that come with the boards (I'm probably going to end up with either a Nano +, or Metro 16)?
Are they just a thin dust jacket type bag, or are they padded to offer a decent level of protection?

Or am I better off going to the hard case version?

If anyone else has any other bagged or cased small pedal board recommendations (looking at 3 or 4 pedals only) then please let me know what's worth considering.

Pedaltrain - The zip handle came off one of mine within the first 2 days. that was a PT Junior

I have a Nano softcase that has been used for over a year now with no problems.

They're not flimsy but not particularly padded either.....thick stiff canvas.

Edited by Twigman

Yeah, I would say that it's two layers of sturdy nylon with some thick card/fibreboard like stuff between. Think a bit stiffer than a decent quality soft suitcase. My sprung Morley Bass Wah pedal bows the top of mine out a bit. As others have said, I wouldn't want roadies throwing it in the back of an artic on a world tour but for keeping your pedals safe in the boot to the car and similar gig use it's perfectly adequate.

Edited for my rubbish typing...

Edited by TrevorR

Thanks for the help, folks. The pedal board, as and when I get it, will be going in the back of the car with the rest of my gear so the soft case sounds like it might be man enough for my needs.
In theory it won't be getting chucked about or having 4x12's dropped on it so I might just get away with it.

Failing that, I'll see if any of the local music shops have one in stock so I can see for myself. The worst case scenario is ending up with the hard cased version!

Edited by Osiris