Why become a member? ×

New Rig Question

shaundixon666

Hi everyone, this might seem like a real noobish question but please bear with me as this is something new to me.

Just purchased a Gallien Krueger Backline 115BLX and a Gallien Krueger Backline 600. Tried it out at the guitar shop, perfect, sounded really nice. Finally got it home yesterday, plugged it in, tried it out and it sounded nice too.

But, heres the question. I seem to be getting some kind of backround buzzing/crackling which isn't constant i.e. it fluctuates back and forth a bit. I was just wondering is this normal as im new to these biggish amps. Its not super loud but it is noticeable.

Im using an Ibanez BTB405QM and thought it might have something to with it being an active bass?

Anyways sorry if its a real newbie question.

Thanks

Shaun

Actually nevermind that post, I looked through the helpful pinned topic about what to check when purchasing an amp again, and turned the amp on without the bass plugged in and it was fine. So I then knew it was the bass. Then because I have had this bass for about 2 years I thought it was about time I changed the 9 volt batteries that run the active controls.

Changed them, plugged it in, Sounds beautiful once more with no background noise.

So there you go, sorted thanks to that wonderful thread by Oxblood

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1880"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1880[/url]